Sports Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) – Sinclair Broadcast Group – Arlington, VA
Company: Sinclair Broadcast Group
Location: Arlington, VA
Sinclair Broadcast Group
WJLA-TV, in Washington, DC, has an immediate opening for a Sports Multimedia Journalist. If you are a passionate and energetic storyteller who can enterprise and deliver fast-paced, visually compelling content on-air and online, then this may be the job for you. Our Sports MMJ will find and cover a variety of unique, local sports and sports-related human interest stories – with an emphasis on high school sports.
We need someone who understands the web/social media and can leverage skills across multiple platforms while also displaying in-depth technical knowledge of news production equipment including cameras and editing software. The ideal candidate will be able to bring our viewers and web consumers interesting, entertaining, outside-the-box content – all while operating a variety of news production equipment effectively.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced newsroom under deadline pressure and has experience in all facets of media.
- You must have flexibility to research, shoot, edit, write, and report stories, and be willing to put in the time to track down important stories wherever they may lead.
- We’re looking for someone with sharp news judgment, excellent technical skills and the ability to work well independently. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including, internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
- You must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record.
- Knowledge of news production equipment and techniques, excellent written and oral communication skills, good organizational skills, solid news judgment, strong computer skills and the ability to make quick decisions and work well under pressure is essential.
- You should have strong broadcast and AP style writing skills and be proficient at posting content to web sites
- 3 years of daily TV sports anchoring and reporting is required
- Candidates must have mastery of social media tools including Facebook and Twitter, and must understand how to properly leverage their use on-air and online. College degree in journalism or communications strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules as needed.
Please include a resume, cover letter stating your sports philosophy, professional references, and a web link to your recent work. If you don’t have a web link, please send a non-returnable DVD to:
ATTN: News Director
1100 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22209
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!