Producer / Editor, Video Franchises – Gannett – McLean, VA
Location: McLean, VA
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There’s never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Producer / Editor, Video Franchises
The USA TODAY NETWORK seeks a Producer / Editor to join its expanding video franchises studio. The team is responsible for creating brand-defining, video-driven series and special projects for an array of audiences and platforms.
The position is based at our headquarters near Washington, DC or in our New York City office.
The Producer / Editor will be responsible for pitching, developing, producing, writing and editing video franchises and features. Demonstrated experience creating premium digital video is essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, passionate storyteller with a sharp attention to detail, experience with lifestyle, entertainment, sports, and other content beyond news and information. You’re digitally savvy and comfortable crafting stories ranging from short and mid-form episodic to socially fueled segments. A natural leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, you’ll be a key participant in content development, including storyboarding and piloting.
We’re looking for a candidate who is an excellent script writer and excited to brainstorm and create new video storytelling techniques. The right candidate will also be a team player with excellent communication skills, quick to respond to requests and assignments, receptive to feedback, and a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop, pitch, write and produce video franchises and features for a variety of digital platforms.
- Create original video for an array of audiences and digital platforms using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Help manage publishing process to ensure content is optimized across multiple platforms.
- Regularly assess video performance using Adobe and other analytics tools, using data to make informed decisions to about format, approach and promotion of content.
- Collaborate with the team to continually optimize workflow and maintain / strengthen brand identity.
- Mentor junior producers on workflow and scripting.
- Remain immersed in digital video industry trends to help ensure our slate of franchises stays ahead of the curve
- Identify and produce packages of video content to support Network objectives as needed
- 5+ years of producing and editing experience at a media organization, publisher, or production studio.
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge of the best types of videos for variety of platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and OTT platforms.
- Excellent communications skills, online and in person.
- Work collaboratively with a passionate and highly-motivated team of videographers, reporters, editors and producers.
- Editorial storytelling experience preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.