Motion Graphics Artist, Video Franchises – Gannett – McLean, VA
Location: McLean, VA
The USA TODAY NETWORK seeks a Motion Graphics Artist to join its expanding video franchises studio. The team is responsible for creating brand-defining digital video series and special projects for an array of audiences and platforms. The position is based at our headquarters near Washington, DC.
The candidate must have a proven artistic ability to create motion graphics packages, animated infographics, and other animations from scratch. Demonstrated experience creating premium digital content is essential and experience at an agency and / or production studio is preferred. This role is key in helping define the brand, look and feel, voice and tone, of our franchises.
We’re looking for a candidate who is excited to brainstorm and create new video storytelling techniques, someone with the unique ability to create motion graphics that seamlessly fuse with videos and lift overall storytelling. The right candidate will be a team player with excellent communication skills, quick to respond to requests and assignments, receptive to feedback, and a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
The ideal candidate will have experience with lifestyle, entertainment, sports, and other content beyond news and information. You’re digitally savvy and comfortable crafting stories ranging from short and mid-form episodic to socially-fueled segments. You’ll be a key participant in content development, including storyboarding and piloting.
·-Create motion graphics packages, infographics, animations, titles and other digital video elements for an array of audiences and platforms.
·-Design storyboards, pilots, and demos to help bring new franchise concepts to life.
·-Help create pitches and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
·-Remain immersed in video industry design and presentation trends to ensure our slate of franchises stays ahead of the curve.
- 3-5 years of motion graphics experience at an agency, media organization or publisher.
- Advanced proficiency with AfterEffects, Photoshop, Premiere and the Adobe Creative Suite production workflow.
- Demonstrated talent in creating illustrations from scratch.
- Excellent communications skills, online and in person.
- Work collaboratively with a passionate and highly-motivated team of videographers, reporters, editors and producers.
- Working knowledge of the best types of videos for variety of digital platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and OTT.
- Editorial storytelling experience preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.