Junior Videographer – Draper and Kramer – McLean, VA
Company: Draper and Kramer
Address: McLean, VA
Draper and Kramer
Draper and Kramer Mortgage Corp. has an immediate opening for a junior videographer to join our growing McLean, VA team. This is a full-time, entry- to mid-level position located in our McLean, VA office. As part of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to bring big ideas to life, create high-profile video content, and touch all facets of the production process in a fun, collaborative environment. We’re looking for a go-getter, problem-solver type of person who can think on their feet, have a good handle on production workflow, understand the digital cultural space, and is passionate about creative editing techniques, music, and camera gear. This role requires flexibility and the ability to give and take criticism with professionalism and openness. Experience working with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop is a requisite, and After Effects knowledge is preferred.
- Support Regional Vice President and sales staff to execute or translate creative concepts into compelling digital content (short form/long form videos, GIFs, animations).
- Shoot and edit high-quality video content with a focus on delivering to social media audiences.
- Ensure all creative adheres to existing brand guidelines and social media best practices.
- Collaborate with Chicago-based Digital Marketing Manager and local social team as needed during the pre-production process: vendor coordination, shoot prep, brainstorms, etc.
- Usher projects through the post-production workflow – creative editing, motion graphics, and color correction – to ensure high-quality and timely deliverables.
- Work closely with Regional Vice President and social team on content management, file organization, and equipment coordination.
- College degree or 1-2 years of experience working in an agency or related digital video production/post-production environment
- Provide a link to a portfolio of work
- Strong organization and communication skills and attention to detail
- Top-notch creative editorial skills – the ability to craft a good story or find a unique one in the editing room
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software – Premiere experience a must, After Effects and motion graphics experience a plus
- Experience in live video production setup and operation in both studio and field environments
- Knowledge in operating standard digital video cameras and equipment (DSLRs, lighting set ups, audio recording equipment)
- Knowledge of social media platforms and content formats
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe CC, including Photoshop and InDesign; must be willing to learn new software and digital tools and explore new techniques and workflows that meet individual and team goals
- Script writing skills a plus