Instructional Media Producer – Appian Corporation – McLean, VA
Company: Appian Corporation
Location: McLean, VA
In order to be considered for this position, a link to your reel or portfolio MUST be included in your resume or cover letter.
The Instructional Media Producer performs a full range of professional video and photo production content aimed toward teaching users how to understand and work with Appian — either technically or conceptually. A successful candidate must be able to plan and facilitate studio and field-based video production, including the planning, shooting, editing, sound mixing, graphic design animation, and compression output.
- Manage, maintain, and operate company’s video production assets
- Plans and performs video pre-production tasks which includes team brainstorming, creative script writing, assistance with storyboarding, location scouting, and talent selection.
- Studio Production
- Produces a variety of videos for online use; plans and directs assigned studio productions; oversees operation of small multi-camera studio, cameras, and audio equipment; sets up and adjusts studio lighting equipment including fixed and portable production lights; adjusts audio equipment including assorted lavalier, cardioid and shotgun microphones; prepares b-roll footage for inclusion in productions; provides troubleshooting of video, audio and lighting equipment; performs routine equipment maintenance; makes recommendations to department for software and equipment purchases.
- Field Production
- conducts field-based video production which involves interacting talent and operating all portable video and audio equipment; transports and sets up lighting and audio equipment as required; provides troubleshooting and maintenance of field production equipment.
- Performs video post-production tasks, which include reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, rough cuts, audio adjustments, color correction, and final editing.
- Utilizes computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts; compresses video projects for output; captures recorded video using software and encode media as appropriate; makes video products available in a variety of formats.
- Must be able to work with a variety of content developers, software instructors, and SMEs to translate complex technical concepts into effective visual adaptation
- Support other forms of visual content like graphical teaching aids, slide decks, and reference guides
- Support Learning Management System (LMS), which includes administration and distribution of content to audiences
- Communicate regularly and effectively with individuals and groups, meet deadlines, and balance responsibilities for multiple projects at once
- Basic knowledge in design and layouts
Preferred Experience Level
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in video and media production.
- Knowledge of computer operations including standard software applications and general knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – primarily Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the media production equipment- DSLRs, stabilizers, audio recorders, and lighting
B.S. in Media Productions, Film Editing, Digital Media, Graphic Design Computer Science or related field/degree.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination ( https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf ).