Creative Designer – MAXIMUS – Reston, VA
Location: Reston, VA
Â :[Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.]Job Description Summary:[Government contractor in health and human services space seeks a motion/presentation graphics designer to make a difference by supporting communications efforts in helping government serve the people. The designer will have the opportunity to work on diverse activities from video editing to displays and animated graphics development. The designer must demonstrate effectiveness as a team player and possess strong attention to detail. Candidates should possess strong technical skills and be knowledgeable in the production of video, animation, and presentation design.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and edit videos, including motion graphics
- Develop, recommend, and implement visual designs and layouts for videos, corporate branding, and other communications vehicles
- Support internal design needs for PowerPoint presentations, posters, event programs, email and web banners
- Plan and meet critical deadlines within design and execution process
- Assist in video and audio production and post-production
- Support location video and photo needs
- Perform technical editorial functions including rough cuts, graphic design and integration, VO inserts, color correction
- Assist team in developing and designing new video and multimedia content
- Select/request appropriate music tracks for videos (audio editing skills a plus)
- Deliver creative and adaptive designs from conceptualization through final product
- Interpreting client briefs into successful and effective concepts
- Participate in brainstorming, and helping to develop creative problem solving within scope and brand
- Develop storyboards and presentation for complex and/or high-profile clients, ensuring creative work is presented for maximum clarity and impact
- Create branded materials for online and print distribution for both internal projects and client work.
- Design, revise & update web-based graphics as well as web multimedia/ digital banner ads presentations and videos
- Video shooting, editing and animating skills preferred (photography skills a plus)
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, art, or video/film production, or equivalent experience and training
- Three to five years in design and/or video editing experience in professional studio environment
- Proficient in Adobe CC and/or Final Cut Studio
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to incorporate stakeholder/user feedback and design critiques
- Creative knowledge of modern, industry-standard video editing and motion graphics techniques (Understanding of image optimization, Web animation, and Web compression a plus)
- Ability to multitask and self-manage deadlines of competing projects
- Understanding of the creative process in a collaborative environment
- Solid portfolio required. Resumes must include samples or links to samples of work
- Solid knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint]Â :[
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with authors, import text and images and create layouts in both Microsoft and Adobe software programs.
- Follow established style guides and templates.
- Create digital and print materials such as forms, reports, information graphics, presentations and website imagery.
- Develop, modify and maintain documents.
- Prepare formatted documents for print or electronic publication.
- Establish and maintain version control, file access permissions and electronic file archival.
- Archive proposal materials upon submission of bids.
- Produce documentation including process flow diagrams, procedures and other published materials.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
- General application of concepts & principles.
- Contributes to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.
]Â :[EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.]