Content Strategy Manager – Sands Capital Management, LLC – Arlington, VA
Company: Sands Capital Management, LLC
Location: Arlington, VA
Sands Capital Management, LLC
About the Firm
Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages approximately $45 billion in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
We are seeking an experienced marketing professional to lead the content marketing program as part of our Marketing and Communications team. The strategist will be responsible for planning and executing a best-practice, thought-leadership content marketing program that elevates the Sands Capital brand profile. The program is intended to deepen relationships with existing clients and attract new relationships in the institutional and wealth management market segments. The ideal candidate is passionate about bringing rich perspectives from fundamental equity investment research to life for prospective investors through cutting edge content strategy.
- Develop and manage an editorial calendar in collaboration with investment professionals (SMEs) and business stakeholders
- Lead the efforts of in-house and network writers, designers, proofreaders, and syndication specialists
- Establish and reinforce the firm’s editorial standards
- Create efficient content creation processes
- Develop and execute a content distribution strategy
- Leverage social media, proprietary, partner, and third-party syndication channels to promote content
- Optimize content for discovery via search engines
- Define and track metrics to measure the effectiveness of content and adjust the execution according to those metrics
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing, communications, publishing or related editorial roles (corporate or media background preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Deep understanding of the equity markets, fundamental investment research practices, and key interests/concerns of capital allocators
- Strong strategic thinker with a proven ability to define and drive a communications planning process involving multiple stakeholders
- Problem solver with an established network of specialist writers and providers such as podcasters, videographers, and bloggers
- Experience developing content in a variety of formats including long and short form, rich media, infographics, and presentations
- Excellent communications and planning skills, including the ability to coordinate the activities of subject matter experts, editors and proofreaders, designers, and rich media producers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with project management applications, web content management, social media, and digital analytics tools
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.