Audio Intern – Gannett – McLean, VA
Location: McLean, VA
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There’s never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
USA TODAY Audio – Intern
USA TODAY is in search of talented college students in the Washington, DC metropolitan area looking for an enriching, part-time paid internship. Join a global digital media company of more than 100 media properties across the country. As a Spring 2020 Intern Program participant, you will develop and apply your experience and skills in a fast-paced, real-time newsroom environment. The purpose of the internship experience is to provide opportunities where undergraduate and graduate students can develop, grow and become the next generation of talent for the USA TODAY Network.
- Newsroom interns will work with breaking news, features, enterprise and social media teams to learn and sharpen basic and advanced journalism skills, handling reporting, writing, editing, copyediting, digital production, research, database work, investigative work and visual journalism.
- Interns will gain experience in a 24/7 deadline-driven newsroom.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills will be encouraged and sharpened.
- Interns will participate in news meetings and learn how priorities for news content and coverage are set and executed.
- Degree-seeking student currently enrolled at a college or university
- Preferred majors: Journalism, communications or a related field
- Well organized, detail oriented, adaptable and flexible
- Excellent communication skills
- Access to published writing clips, design portfolio and video footage required as part of application assessment for all newsroom internship roles.
- Additional technical skills are required for some visual journalism roles, such as video shooting and editing. Videographer interns should demonstrate strong knowledge of digital media conversion and compression for web-based output. Requires excellent PC and Macintosh skills. Candidates should be well versed with Final Cut Pro. Expertise in web video delivery, including live streaming, is a plus. Video editing interns must demonstrate expertise with audio-video editing and video compression programs, including Final Cut Pro, AVID and Sorenson.
HOW TO APPLY
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume – one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
- Online links or printouts of 10-12 samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role. Tell us what makes your work stand out.
It is important that these items be assembled in a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status. Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & TheMuse to learn more about our dynamic
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Apply to Audio Intern – Gannett – McLean, VA