Audio Content Acquisition Manager – Storyblocks – Arlington, VA
Location: Arlington, VA
Who We Are:
Storyblocks is a subscription-based stock media service focused on empowering the creative community. We offer a suite of content – video, audio, and images – to fuel our mission of helping our customers create more moving stories. Storyblocks helps digital storytellers unlock their creative potential by providing beautiful stock videos, images, and music that fit with any budget. We are a member-driven company, serving over 200,000 content creators that range from prosumers to SMBs to studios and Fortune 500 brands. Our members can subscribe to our video, image or music libraries, or any combination of the three, to ensure they are able to be brilliant on any budget.
Who You Are:
As a Content Acquisition Manager, you’ll acquire, publish, and curate new content to ensure that our libraries continue to provide exceptional value to our customers. Using your industry insight, you’ll discover new musicians and negotiate licensing deals. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for researching and signing new musicians to the platform, and directly increasing the amount and rate of new content in our library.
Critically, you’ll also collaborate closely with our Content Acquisition and Contributor Engagement team (CACE for short – that’s your team, yay!) and our cross-functional teams (called Squads) to align our content acquisition efforts with our library growth strategy – building a constantly refreshed library of high quality content that provides a worry-free usage experience (especially when it comes to YouTube and PROs). You’ll provide insight to your team and consult on strategy as you work autonomously to acquire content, and you’ll collaborate directly with our Content Sr. Manager to ensure your efforts are within the scope of our library strategy, budget, and operating goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify opportunities for acquiring and curating content to drive product utilization, customer engagement, and NPS
- Negotiate, manage, and close licensing deals with individual contributors or production entities via email/phone outreach
- Balance and manage a budget, acquisition timelines, and evaluate content performance against a long-term library growth strategy
- Effectively manage assets and metadata for an intuitive and comprehensive publishing and tracking workflow
- Foster meaningful, valuable relationships with contributors to drive satisfaction and further potential networking or partnership opportunities
- Serve as the go-to expert for all things related to music licensing, including YouTube Content ID, PROs, performance royalties, and licensing/usage rights
What You Bring to the Table:
- 2+ years related audio content experience
- Warm relationship skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization habits
- Music licensing rights industry expertise
- Audio production knowledge – i.e. technical specifications and recording workflow
- Team player with the ability to see the big picture
- Analytical and insightful
- Passion for the creative world and a desire to help all media creators achieve their goals
- BA/BS in media, production, or related music/business field
- Experience with the creative workflow/production process
- Experience with a music label, A&R department, music direction or supervision for film/TV
What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive and fair compensation – We believe in fair pay–equal pay for equal work. For each title, we have consistently applied competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks. What you’ve been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part.
- Company-paid medical – Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave – Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. We have a dedicated private nursing room available to new mothers.
- Unlimited vacation – At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don’t worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Flexible work-from-home options – Much of our workflow is online, and for meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done outside of the office or during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth – We have a formal mentorship program that involves regular career and growth conversations. “360-degree” feedback is collected twice a year and synthesized into actionable, peer-reviewed, performance reviews. We happily foot the bill for conferences and online courses that will add value to the organization. We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well.
- Casual Work Environment – Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).
- Fully stocked kitchen – Everyone gets input on the food and drinks we stock in our shared refrigerators and snack room. We have multiple mechanisms for making coffee and cold-brew kegs are often on tap.
- Dogs in the office – We love dogs and we will probably love your dog too. With help from a calendar, we allow employees to bring in their dogs to help guide us through the day.
Storyblocks supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.