Videographer Needed To Help Double Natural Health Company’s Growth- Is That You? – AlgaeCal – Vancouver, BC
Address: Vancouver, BC
Are you a passionate storyteller interested in crafting authentic content that has the ability to change lives?
Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of people each day seeing your work, learning from your videos, and improving their health because of them?
A DAY IN THE LIFE
If you dread the sound of your alarm in the morning, you’re probably in the wrong job or you’re tired of constantly chasing clients as a contract filmmaker! But at AlgaeCal, waking up for work won’t be a problem…
Why? Because every week at AlgaeCal presents exciting projects to test your skills. Every day brings opportunities to work with team members who care as much for you as they do our customers. And every minute you have the chance to genuinely help people overcome osteoporosis.
There isn’t a rigid job description for our employees. But below are a few of the tasks you can look forward to:
- Work closely with marketing to plan and create beautifully shot and orchestrated videos which drive conversions while maintaining entertainment value on Facebook, Google Ads, and other paid media platforms.
- Work closely with our Outreach Manager, Moni, and Editorial Manager, Garry, to conceptualize, storyboard, shoot and edit SEO-driven videos for our own blog posts and for sharing. Test your skills with recipe shoots, exercise shoots and much more!
- Collaborating with our close-knit marketing team to organize and work on the big-ticket projects that will drive AlgaeCal to new heights in 2019.
- Monitoring key video analytics from tools such as Google Analytics, YouTube Studio, and Wistia to show managers how our videos are performing.
- Organizing our ever-growing library of video assets, and being able to locate, modify and implement a vast variety of videos from Facebook Ads and Instagram Stories, to Long Form Documentaries and Sales Content.
- Designing YouTube thumbnails, creating video graphics (animation skills is an asset)
- Conducting research on the latest video marketing trends, and figuring out ways to apply those tactics to our video-marketing strategies.
- Using Adobe Suite, (particularly Premiere and After Effects) to edit our videos through the post-production process
- Travelling to various destinations for shoots that range from exercise videos to doctor interviews – Being personable and able to interact and get the best out of those in front of the camera is a must
- Petting our office Weimaraner and valued team member, Buddy (he usually makes his rounds of the office just after lunch).
We’re seeking a top videographer with a minimum of 3 years full time experience who is sincerely keen on changing lives. And, one who loves to make a difference and wants to see that difference as measured by the latest marketing technologies.
You’ll work with our marketing team of a dozen top professionals to help us create educational video content for blog posts, intriguing Facebook ads, mini-documentaries for syndication out to online distributors, and lead generation videos.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
AlgaeCal Inc, an online nutritional supplement company, is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. One of the reasons for that growth? We offer something no other company has: a natural, clinically-proven solution to bone loss (osteoporosis). Bone scans prove we are actually reversing the disease in adults across the world and we need help to spread the word. That’s where you come in!
We’re the real deal…
The first thing you’ll notice about AlgaeCal is our unique culture, hard-working but fun office environment, and positive family spirit. In fact, you may find pretty quickly that AlgaeCal is a place you’ll want to spend the rest of your career. After all, we want all our employees to become ‘lifers’… no joke!
Just as we want to serve our customers, we want to serve you, our teammates (we call ourselves AlgaeBuds), and make sure that you enjoy your work every. single. day.
But don’t be confused. Being the real deal also means our standards are sky high and we don’t let just anyone into our family. When we say you’ll enjoy every single day you work here, there will surely be some challenging moments— let’s be real here, no job is perfect!
You’ll work alongside, and learn from, top marketing professionals who have helped AlgaeCal double our revenue in the last 12 months. We’re the leader in our rapidly growing niche. And our company has been featured on the Dr. Oz show, PBS television, Fox News, and in several prominent books. Our success comes with high expectations and a healthy amount of pressure.
But we promise you that every day you’ll have a moment… a moment of clarity or empowerment or a surge of adrenaline that will tell you that you’re doing what you love and are making a difference in this crazy, but beautiful world.
WHAT WILL YOU EARN?
Let’s agree on salary and paid vacation once we know what you offer, but our goal is to pay above market rate for your unique skills.
You will also enjoy the following benefits:
- $2,000 flexible employee health benefits package
- 100% BC Medical Services Plan coverage
- Family-style team lunches on Fridays with tasty, home-cooked, organic food
- Annual team trip to Los Cabos, Mexico. This is paid time off, plus we treat you to a luxury hotel, 5-star food, and local adventures too. Cabo is team bonding (and beachside pampering) at its finest.
HOW TO APPLY
Job opportunities like this don’t come along often, and we’ve got a lot to offer our successful applicant. So, to make sure our future videographer is the real-deal, will be a great fit, and will thrive at AlgaeCal, we ask a little more than your run-of-the-mill job application.
So, do you have what it takes to become the next member of team AlgaeCal? If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter.
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. Please, read carefully. The cover letter must address the following questions:
1) Write a Cover letter addressing:
- Why you’re the best Videographer for this role? Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
- Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here: http://screencast.com/t/w7BMMeqyVc
- What’s the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
2) Explain what you’re doing now for a job.
- If you don’t have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
3) Upload your cover letter and resume
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it’s our way of selecting the best – and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.
Click the “Reply” button on this page and upload your cover letter, resume and portfolio or examples of web designs you have done.
***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume in one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be read!
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.