Videographer Needed for Health Company On Fire – Is That You? – AlgaeCal – Vancouver, BC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Videographer Needed for Health Company On Fire — Is That You? Are you a passionate storyteller interested in crafting authentic content that has the ability to change lives? (We’re literally changing people’s health in a huge and measurable way!)
Are you excited by hundreds of thousands of people each day seeing your work, learning from your videos, and reversing their disease condition because of them?
We’re seeking a top videographer with a minimum of 3 years full time experience who is sincerely keen on helping us with our mission to eradicate osteoporosis. And, one who loves to make a difference and wants to see that difference as measured by the latest marketing technologies.
You’ll work with our marketing team of a dozen top professionals to help us create educational video content for blog posts, intriguing Facebook ads, mini-documentaries for syndication out to online distributors, and lead generation videos. The people you will work with are one of the top online marketing teams in North America. We’re small but so mighty that Facebook invites us for direct meetings in their offices!
A Day In The Life
If you dread the sound of your alarm in the morning, you’re probably in the wrong job or you’re tired of constantly chasing clients as a contract filmmaker! But at AlgaeCal, waking up for work won’t be a problem…
Why? Because every week at AlgaeCal presents exciting projects to test your skills. Every day brings opportunities to work with team members who care as much for you as they do our customers. And every minute you have the chance to genuinely help people overcome osteoporosis.
There isn’t a rigid job description for our employees. But below are a few of the tasks you can look forward to as you report to our Creative Director:
- Plan and create beautifully shot and orchestrated videos which drive conversions while maintaining entertainment value on Facebook, Google Ads, and other paid media platforms.
- Work closely with our Outreach Manager, Moni, and Editorial Manager, Garry, to conceptualize, storyboard, shoot and edit SEO-driven videos for our own blog posts and for sharing. Test your skills with recipe shoots, exercise shoots and much more!
- Collaborating with our close-knit marketing team to organize and work on the big-ticket projects that will drive AlgaeCal to new heights in 2019.
- Monitoring key video analytics from tools such as Google Analytics, YouTube Studio, and Wistia to show managers how our videos are performing.
- Organizing our ever-growing library of video assets, and being able to locate, modify and implement a vast variety of videos from Facebook Ads and Instagram Stories, to Long Form Documentaries and Sales Content.
- Designing YouTube thumbnails, creating video graphics (animation skills is an asset)
- Conducting research on the latest video marketing trends, and figuring out ways to apply those tactics to our video-marketing strategies.
- Using Adobe Suite, (particularly Premiere and After Effects) to edit our videos through the post-production process
- Travelling to various destinations for shoots that range from exercise videos to doctor interviews – Being personable and able to interact and get the best out of those in front of the camera is a must
- Petting our office Weimaraner and valued team member, Buddy (he usually makes his rounds of the office just after lunch).
What Do We Do?
AlgaeCal Inc, an online nutritional supplement company, is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. One of the reasons for that growth? We offer something no other company has: a natural, clinically-proven solution to bone loss (osteoporosis). Bone scans prove we are actually reversing the disease in adults across the world and we need help to spread the word. That’s where you come in!
We’re the real deal…
The first thing you’ll notice about AlgaeCal is our unique culture, hard-working but fun office environment, and positive family spirit. In fact, you may find pretty quickly that AlgaeCal is a place you’ll want to spend the rest of your career. After all, we want all our employees to become ‘lifers’… no joke!
Just as we want to serve our customers, we want to serve you, our teammates (we call ourselves AlgaeBuds), and make sure that you enjoy your work every. single. day.
But don’t be confused. Being the real deal also means our standards are sky high and we don’t let just anyone into our family. When we say you’ll enjoy every single day you work here, there will surely be some challenging moments— let’s be real here, no job is perfect!
But we promise you that every day you’ll have a moment… a moment of clarity or empowerment or a surge of adrenaline that will tell you that you’re doing what you love and are making a difference in this crazy, but beautiful world.
What Will You Earn?
Let’s agree on salary and vacation once we know what you offer, but our goal is to pay above the market rate for your unique skills.
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- Family style team lunches on Fridays with tasty, home-cooked organic food
- Annual team trip to Los Cabos, Mexico, and other team trips and events which you are eligible for after one year of employment. This amounts to another week of paid vacation plus we cover hotel, food, flights, and entertainment
How To Apply
So, do you have what it takes to become the next member of team AlgaeCal?
Job opportunities like this don’t come along often, and we’ve got a lot to offer our successful applicants. So, to make sure our future Videographer is the real-deal, will be a great fit, and will thrive at AlgaeCal, we ask a little more than your run-of-the-mill job application:
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. Please, read carefully:
1. Write a cover letter addressing:
- Why you’re the best Videographer for this role? Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
- Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here: http://screencast.com/t/w7BMMeqyVc
- What’s the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
2. Explain what you’re doing now for a job:
- If you don’t have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
3. Upload your cover letter and resume:
- Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it’s our way of selecting the best-and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.
Click the “Apply Now” button on this page and upload your cover letter and resume.
***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume in one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be read!
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.