Video Editor – tentree – Vancouver, BC
Location: Vancouver, BC
tentree is not your typical company. We measure our success, not in revenue or profit, but in trees planted and lives impacted. To date, we have planted over 30,000,000 trees. These trees have allowed thousands of individuals to receive a paying job, take an active role in the revitalization of their environment, and support their families. With our sights set on doubling that number in less than two years, we’re looking to grow our team of world-changers.
That is where you come in. tentree is looking to bring on a game-changing Video Editor with knowledge and skills in animation, editing and post-production. This person will work with a team of passionate videographers and editors in the creation of exciting content targeted at tentree’s audience. The Video Editor will work with our digital ad partners to creative videos maximize conversion across several prospecting and retargeting campaigns. You will help identify and try new editing styles and techniques to increase ad delivery and conversion. You will be editing video together, taken by the content team, to best represent the brand in a clear and compelling way. This position works closely with the Content team and Marketing Specialist to ensure a consistent experience across all customer touchpoints. Please note, while fundamental knowledge of photo and video production is critical, this is not a shooting position. Travel is not required.
Please include a link to your latest showreel or previous video work examples in your application.
- Understand the tentree paid media strategies to increase brand visibility and recognition through video assets.
- Work closely with our creative team to produce scalable content that meets ROAS targets
- Take feedback and direction from ad team to create videos assets on a consistent basis, using assets delivered from the content team.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of Facebook’s ad ecosystem and what is performing.
- Working closely with all Videographers to execute visual initiatives of this rapidly evolving high tech team.
- Responsible for post production tasks including reviewing footage, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing using Premiere Pro and/or After Effects.
- Collaborating with all team members (copywriters, project/product managers, designer), as well as with external agencies and any contractors on projects assigned.
- Working with marketing team to execute content marketing strategy on our YouTube channel and/or other social media community.
- Able to ensure the video production output would contribute to marketing performance index, such as page traffic and subscription growth;
- Evolving the product brand by working on a wide range of video creative projects;
- Interacting with internal teams to gain full understanding of projects, products and customer needs;
- Taking creative concepts and turn them into professional and impact motion visual experiences.
- Extremely comfortable in Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects and Premiere. Bonus if you have experience in 3D rendering.
- Strong portfolio with a minimum of 2 years work experience as an editor.
- A keen eye for space, timing and movement aesthetics. Advanced editing, motion graphics and animation skills.
- Strong working knowledge of photographic trends and techniques, motion after-effect, photo editing, and photo manipulation.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and principles of interactive design, including layout, typography, color, balance and composition.
- Ability to articulate ideas and to take a creative project from initial to final stages.
- Excellent time, project management and multitasking skills.
- Be a team player and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to contribute at both strategic and operational level.
- Finding creative ways to do more with less, with a track record of staying on budget.
- Self-initiated creative thinker whose process does not end when the workday is over.
- Lead an active outdoor lifestyle and can relate to the needs of like-minded consumers.
- Passionate about the environment and a desire to have a truly incredible impact.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to navigate within a fast-paced and multiple-task environment and operate with a sense of urgency to meet timelines.
- Highly organized, excellent time management skills, detail oriented, and proactive in problem solving.
- Analytical, data driven decision-maker.
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity.
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing/Web Creative preferred.