Video Editor – Motion Graphics Artist – Lush Handmade Cosmetics – Vancouver, BC
Company: Lush Handmade Cosmetics
Location: Vancouver, BC
Lush Handmade Cosmetics
Video Editor- Motion Graphics Artist
The Video Editor- Motion Graphics Artist is a digital expert. You are able to use video and visual design to communicate an idea concept or story. You are incredibly creative, and able to take initiatives from start to finish, with the ability to conceptualize, develop and produce unique, strategy driven marketing collateral. The Video Editor- Motion Graphics Artist would also be working closely with the Creative Director, and Senior Film and Photo Producer, in addition to a large, cross-functional creative team in the conception, design and execution of visual materials across a range of platforms. This is a hands-on role; you will be able to delve deep into the latest film and motion graphics software in order to deliver impactful creative and set the bar for a skilled team of creatives. We’re looking for a diverse skill set that will complement our branding initiatives as well as multi-platform solutions, with a detailed focus on film and interactive media software, which includes film, video editing and three-dimensional animation.
You are a great communicator, in every aspect —with a passion and drive to produce original and unique creative. The Video Editor- Motion Graphics Artist plays an essential role in growing talent in our business through collaboration and sharing best practices with the Film & Photo team. You know how to be curious about creative opportunities and how to be real with feedback and support. You are responsible for conceptualizing, editing and animating Lush video productions and other A/V (Audio/Video) projects to support Lush’s internal and external communication initiatives.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyse and respond to your learner’s needs. Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to Creative Operations Manager, the Video Editor- Motion Graphics Artist undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build motion graphics from scratch, or from static graphics provided by our graphic designers, and by using third party motion templates
- Executes all necessary steps of post-production to deliver high quality professional videos. Including assembly edits, audio mixing, colour correction, motion graphics and compression for delivery
- Support and create all post-production elements, video supers, title cards, special effects, typography, captions, transitions
- Works closely with Creative director and PM/Producer through job stages. Can communicate in a timely and clear manor. Understands time constraints and working under pressure. Must be able to communicate needs early and clearly to Producer. Understand these needs can impact budget
- Exercises independent judgment as well as team collaboration when assembling and editing material to ensure visual cohesiveness and consistency across channels.
- Manages digital assets including archiving and tagging
- Curate online Lush video channels, including YouTube, Vimeo and the Lush website’s video section
- Can provide technical support for live presentations and special events that broadcast audio/video
- Basic camera and shooting knowledge. Can film material for production; makes technical and creative decisions regarding locations, appropriate lighting, shooting angles, placement and type of microphones, other audio needs, and other production issues
- Establishes and maintains creative and technical standards for editing and graphics that remain consistent with the overall brand
- Collaborates cross-departmentally to meet the needs of the business both internally and externally while actively contributing to creative efforts of the Brand team
- Oversees the security, operation and maintenance of equipment utilized in shooting and editing
- Open availability and flexibility to work occasional evening/weekends and travel with minimal notice
- Partners with other team members in the production of unique film and animated creative
- Drives collaboration within the Creative team and provides opportunities for mentorship
- Workflow/Project Management.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, film, design/motion graphics or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years professional experience with the full scope of film production support including the conceptualization, execution, and production of video content or 3+ years or equivalent editing, motion graphics and post-production experience
- Expert proficiency in the use of Cinema 4D, Premiere, Maya, After Effects, for compositing and animation
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience creating animated assets – 3D models and/or multimedia videos for production
- Highly creative and able to receive feedback appropriately
- Self-starter who can work independently, solve problems and manage multiple projects at once
- Able to work quickly under deadline pressure and follow through on assignments
- A fun and energetic personality that can boost the energy and morale of an inexperienced cast.
- Experience working within the film, gaming and advertising or related industry
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.