Technical Supervisor – Digital Domain – Vancouver, BC
Company: Digital Domain
Location: Vancouver, BC
Purpose of the job:
Digital Domain is an innovative and global visual effects studio. We are a creative powerhouse that has brought artistry and technology to hundreds of motion pictures, commercials, and games. Our groundbreaking visual effects appear in films such as Fast and Furious 8, Ready Player One, Spider-Man, and the upcoming Avengers, Infinity War.
The Technical Supervisor is responsible to lead the day-to-day technical operations of the Production Services teams in North America. The position supervises a 24/7 helpdesk support department of Digital Production Administrators and Assistant Technical Directors across multiple global studio locations in Los Angeles, Montreal, and Vancouver B.C., supporting multiple Features, Short Form, and Commercial projects.
- Manage the technical day-to-day operations of the Production Services Department across multiple facilities in a 24/7 helpdesk capacity
- Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the production services tool set
- Supervise the technical aspects of global resource management for multiple projects in various stages of development and production relating to compute, storage, and DR.
- Operate as a technical point of contact for the Production Services Department
- Collaborate with Pipeline, Software, and Information Technology teams on tool and systems development and deployment
- Supervise daily management and troubleshooting of global production management systems.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement emerging technologies from internal and external sources in collaboration with Pipeline, Software, and Information Technology teams.
- Implement and manage policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate Information Security Policy as it pertains to data integrity
- Lead forecasting and reporting efforts on resource utilization as well as future resource expansion needs across the global studio footprint.
- Supervise and update data retention policies and procedures to troubleshoot and escalate issues as they arise and see through to resolution.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry
- Experience with Maya, Houdini, Nuke, or other 3d Applications
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent Communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
- Prior management experience required
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance