Storyboard Supervisor, 2D – WildBrain – Vancouver, BC
Location: Vancouver, BC
WildBrain Studios is looking for an experienced Storyboard Supervisor to join our team! You may have known us as DHX Media – we’ve recently changed our name to reflect our renewed commitment to pushing the creative and focusing on the artist experience. At WildBrain we create epic entertainment experiences for kids and family through industry leading animation. Join us and see what other great things are happening at WildBrain!
As the Storyboard Supervisor, you are creative, comedic, and an inspiring leader. Aside from top-notch drawing skills, you need to be able to communicate ideas effectively, coach and mentor a team of artists. This is your chance to set the scene for one of our brand new productions!Responsibilities:
You will get to work on…
- Collaborating with series directors on the style of the series
- Establishing and defining process and workflow for the storyboard team
- Annotating scripts thoroughly and direct the storyboarding team throughout the boarding of an episode; communicating ideas effectively and recommending solutions to help interpret the script visually
- Consulting with series directors as to the feasibility of comedy in the script and suggesting creative solutions that will maintain the vision of the series
- Approving the final storyboard panels while keeping show continuity in mind
- Training, mentoring, and motivating a team of storyboard artists and revisionists
- Anticipating, communicating, and troubleshooting any creative or technical issues
- Understanding the needs and strengths of the storyboard team and encourage growth and development
- Providing constructive feedback and guidance to the team
You will be a great fit on our team if…
- You have previous experience as a Storyboard Supervisor for a 2D or 3D animated series
- You have 4 or more years’ experience as a Storyboard Artist on an animated series or feature film
- You have strong communication, leadership and critical thinking skills
- You have a Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school
- You are known for both your drawing skills and your sense of humour!
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Strong drawing skills and sense of design, character and composition
- Strong understanding of storytelling principles and techniques
- Strong posing, acting, and timing skills
- Ability to communicate and provide feedback in a professional and positive manner
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work digitally (Cintiq with Sketchbook, Photoshop, etc.)
- Proficiency in Adobe Animate (Flash) is an asset
Why work at WildBrain Studios?
At WildBrain Studios, we have awesome benefits/perks and facilities to keep you engaged, committed, and creative. We pride ourselves on our work/life balance, offer events and opportunities for socializing, exercising, and spaces to relax and recharge. Our Vancouver studio is a 75,000-square-foot space where imagination can run wild. Did we mention our studio is also dog-friendly?
For us, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series, including Snoopy in Space, Carmen Sandiego, Go, dog. Go!, LEGO Ninjago, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Blaze and the Monster Machines, The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show, Fireman Sam, The Deep and more.
WildBrain is dedicated to creating entertainment content that inspires, entertains and connects kids and families around the world. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studio is bursting with energy. If you’re looking for a fun and challenging job and to work alongside some of the industry’s best, a career at WildBrain is right for you!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the WildBrain Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. WildBrain will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.