Social Media Coordinator – Vancouver International Film Festival – Vancouver, BC
Vancouver International Film Festival job in Vancouver, BC
Vancouver International Film Festival
Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society is host to the internationally acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) and the year-round Vancity Theatre with a combined total of 200,000 attendees per year. Now in its 38th year, VIFF remains one of North America’s most prestigious and largest film festivals.
Reporting to the Marketing Director and working with the Festival’s digital communications agency, the Social Media Coordinator coordinates the development and execution of VIFF’s social media strategy.
Duration: August 7 – October 23, 2019
Under the direction of the Marketing Director and the Festival’s digital communication agency, this contract position includes but is not limited to the following duties:
- Work with VIFF’s digital communication agency to develop and execute VIFF’s social media campaign
- Co-ordinate and create content for all VIFF’s social media platforms (Blog, Facebook, Titter, Instagram) including pre-event promotional content and live event coverage
- Manage team of social media volunteers
- Excellent storyteller and writer with overall strong communication skills
- Experience working on large-scale, deadline-driven projects
- Post Secondary training in either marketing, public relations, journalism or communications
- Thorough understanding of digital communications with 1-4 years experience working in the field
- Strong knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite required, and audio/video editing experience a plus
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks within a fast passed environment and to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, including some evenings and weekends
Deadline for application is: June 10th, 2019[Read more]
To apply for this job please click here.
Suggested production jobs...