Professional Development | Training Coordinator | Safety – International Cinematographers Guild of the International Alliance of – Burnaby, BC
Location: Burnaby, BC
$33.37 an hour
The International Cinematographers Guild, Local 669 is looking for a detail oriented professional to join our team as our Professional Development | Training Coordinator | Safety.
The successful candidate should have 3+ years in a creative industry related and/or education related position. Responsibilities include assessing existing programs, coordinating development of new training courses and seminars, and administrating all facets of the ICG 669 training catalogue. Applicants should be up to date on occupational safety and health standards, rules and WCB regulations. Should be able to navigate members through WCB requirements for safety related matters.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are required, and the ability to interact with an active membership of over 1000 members is essential. A thorough understanding of current AV Technology and software, Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat and the Mac operating system is beneficial. Experience with Filemaker and familiarity with the BC Motion Picture production community will be advantageous. Enjoys teamwork and the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Plan logistics and liaison for all training; research and design independent workshops with vendors/members/trainers, including outlines, presentations, exercises, and evaluations
- Review and assess training, revise as necessary
- Liaise with ICG 669 representatives of each department to facilitate member training, discuss needs of departments
- Member and Executive Board outreach/input/evaluation/reporting
- Liaise with IATSE 891, DGC, Teamsters 155, and UBCP/ACTRA; discuss industry wide education & training
- Research government grants available to cover training costs
- Plan and execute community wide events
- Work within yearly budget, build supplementary budgets for all workshops
- Attend association meetings and events on behalf of ICG 669 when required
- Run current programs and courses (Mentorship Program and Shop Steward Program)
- Maintain database on all productions for Shop Steward issues, appointment of Shop Stewards, and follow up on training. Forward member complaints regarding safety issues to appropriate personnel
- Maintain and update Shop Steward agreements and time/report cards
- Create safety initiatives (i.e. fatigue awareness)
- Attend Actsafe meetings with the Motion Picture Standing Committee, if requested
- Carry out set visits, if required
- Create content on safety related issues for the monthly newsletter
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm, with various weekend hours
Location: Burnaby, BC
Remuneration: $33.37 per hour, 40 hours per week
A comprehensive health, dental and optical plan is available after a 3-month probation. An Employer RSP contribution is given after 3 months.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Application for Professional Development & Safety Training Coordinator” as the subject line.
Deadline for applications is Friday, March 20th, 2020 at 5 pm.
Established in 1990 with 145 members, the International Cinematographers Guild, Local 669 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and Moving Pictures, has grown to represent over 1000 Camerapersons, Digital Imaging Technicians, Video Assists, UAV Drone Aerial Camerapersons, Still Photographers and Publicists across Western Canada.
ICG 669 is proud to represent skilled and talented individuals, including award winning and internationally recognized photographers and cinematographers, working in film and television industry. For more information visit www.icg669.com.