Production Manager – Bardel Entertainment – Vancouver, BC
Company: Bardel Entertainment
Location: Vancouver, BC
Are you known as an all-star leader by both team members and senior leadership? Do you have a great sense of humour and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people! With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our award winning team!
As a Production Manager you will manage the work-flow of the production crew from script-to-screen and maintain the production pipeline based on milestone dates established by the approved production schedule and budget. Inspire and motivate the production crew.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for ensuring all pre-production assets have been scheduled and assigned and are completed within the allocated time, including but not limited to scripts, designs, storyboards, animatics, models, rigging, and that all materials are approved and ready for animation in accordance with the production schedule.
- Exercise superior leadership, collaborative, and communication skills to ensure that inter and intra departmental tasks are assigned, understood and completed as per instructed.
- Work with the Line Producer to ensure scripts are delivered according to schedules published.
- Supervise production coordinators and production assistants. Manage their assigned departments.
- Responsible for weekly productivity reporting. Utilize the tracker and oversee its use by the production team. Ensure that all materials are tracked accurately.
- Create weekly TO DO lists for members of the production team, and ensure quotas are met.
- Assemble and review timesheets and ensure they are submitted per the needs of the accounting department.
- Update staffing schedules. Attend weekly Staffing meeting with HR, IT, and production accounting.
- Work with the Line Producer to maintain and update working production schedules – overall, departmental, client, and service studios as requested.
- Guide and motivate crew
- Actively participate in scheduled production and team meetings
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in similar role or capacity on a feature film
- Previous experience working with a 3D pipeline
- *Strong shotgun experience is required
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage people
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player attitude
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.