Production Editor, 3D – DHX Media – Vancouver, BC
Company: DHX Media
Address: Vancouver, BC
Do you dream of crafting fantastic worlds and lovable characters? Do you want to make awesome cartoons with incredibly talented teams in a state-of-the-art studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for an experienced Production Editor to join our team!
As a Production Editor you will have the opportunity to assemble picture and audio elements needed to tell the story of the show, all the while keeping an eye out for scene issues, continuity problems and camera positioning. We are looking for someone with a good sense of humor who can meticulously pick apart shots and piece together scenes
You will get to:
- Import and edit in final shots on episodes in production
- Responsible for quality control and ensuring that fixes are addressed in a timely manner
- Assist directors with day-to-day production needs
- Update and maintain an organized layout for all incoming content and source material for editorial purposes
- Maintain the episode re-use shot lists
- Manage editorial project/bins/media files efficiently
- Participate in post meetings and adjust/refine work as indicated by post production supervisor
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues
You will be a great fit on our team if you have…
- 2-3 years of Editorial experience (understanding of 3D animation required)
- Strong understanding of post procedures, production and workflow
- Strong understanding of Avid Media Composer editing software is a must
- Basic understanding of the needs of the Story, Previsualization, Animation, FX, Lighting and Compositing departments
- Understanding of geometry, camera positioning, and the ability to provide alternative solutions when scenes/sequences aren’t working so well
- Good communication skills and a collaborative attitude
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Creative and proactive problem solving skills with the ability to implement solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
Specific skills we’d love to see…
- Previous experience editing on an episodic series is a plus
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized film production school an asset
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.