Production Assistant – Deluxe Vancouver Ltd. – Vancouver, BC
Company: Deluxe Vancouver Ltd.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Deluxe Vancouver Ltd.
Position: Freelance Production Assistant
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Facility: Encore VFX
Encore, a Deluxe Entertainment Services Group company, has a position in its visual effects department in Vancouver. Encore provides post-production services to top television series and is owned by Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. Deluxe is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and an international client base.
We have an opening for a Freelance Production Assistant . This position will be located in Vancouver, Canada.
- Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Assistant (P.A.) aids the daily production of a project and assists with facility needs when requested.
- The Production Assistant works with the production management teams and artists on a daily basis, and occasionally with clients. This ongoing interaction requires a highly professional demeanor and diplomacy.
- Create and maintain shot boards
- Timesheet wrangling
- Lunch/dinner wrangling
- Shotgun data entry
- QC support (session prep)
- Attend meetings and dailies sessions, assist as needed
- Data support as required
- Processing incoming material from client
- Facilitating electronic deliveries of material to the client
- Shipping equipment or data drives to vendors, clients or other offices
- All other duties as requested by the production team or facility
- Daily overtime, weekend work and offset hours are likely during a production
- Experience working at a visual effects studio or similar CG-related industry (video games, TV, animation) is an asset.
- Recent film school graduates will be considered.
- Must work well in a team environment with good communication skills.
- Must be familiar with Office programs such as MS Word and Excel.
- Experience with production programs such as Filemaker Pro and Shotgun are assets.
- Vehicle and driver’s license would also be an asset but not mandatory.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.