Halon Entertainment is a premier visualization company with credits on some of Hollywood’s most celebrated films. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated professional to join our team as a Previs Supervisor.
What we expect:
- You must demonstrate excellent filmmaking skills and storytelling ability.
- Proactive, concise and realistic communication with top players in a production environment
- You are the first point of contact with our client(s) and must ensure that you are not only meeting their needs but continually improving on them.
- We encourage our supervisors to become a part of and participate in the creative brain-trust that drives a projects creative core.
- You must know how to connect and smoothly communicate with all other department heads and their teams for effective collaboration.
- You should have a keen knowledge and passion for technology and its application to the storytelling process.
- To deal with the pressures and demands of production with calm, grace and polite candor.
- Take responsibility for your team’s successes and failings working, to improve them at all times.
- Work seamlessly with the members of your team in a professional and courteous manner to bring out the best in all they do.
- You must work closely with your team project producer for all scheduling, deliveries and client communication.
- You will edit a first level cut of any scene or sequence on which you are supervising.
- Provide concise, fair, written and verbal feedback to artists on the team.
- Work with Engineering to consistently improve our tools, pipeline and working methodologies.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment;
- Communicate job expectations and enforce systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Identify opportunities within and outside of projects and make Halon home base aware of those opportunities so we can help you capture them.
- To orchestrate the delivery of 3d scene files that can be used directly by any other department in the production.
- To support the live-action crew by providing camera statistics and setup diagrams.
- Be proactive in helping those around you improve their skills and the quality of their work.
- Participate in and contribute to the overall direction of the company through group meetings, brain-trust sessions and proactive initiatives.
- Stay in touch with Halon home base to ensure proper support is being allocated and any production-company level issues are being addressed.
- Looking to the future for PR and promotional opportunities related to projects you helm.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Please provide examples of successful client relationships and interactions.
- Examples of an edit you have composed, animation you have done, and a portfolio of work you have been involved in supervising.
- Strong communication skills with top talent all the way down to the janitor
- Storytelling through editing
- Understanding of camera work, lensing and composition
- Character blocking and staging
- Overall Direction
- Amazing imagination
- Creative problem solving and overcoming challenges and obstacles
- An ability to let things go when they don’t work or are not approved
- Time management
- Love learning new things and challenging yourself personally
- You understand the difference between CG and real life and can identify when one is negatively affecting the other and offer ways to correct for it.
- Know when and how to delegate skills across your team to effectively manage tasks.
- Be reasonably dangerous in
- Art direction
- Asset creation
- Practical lighting
- Color timing
- The finer points of VFX production
- How each department in a film production operates
- Understand the needs and wants of each department
- Huge plus if you’ve done
- Location scouting
- Game development
- Rendered VFX pipeline