Are you looking for work/life balance? Do you want to be part of behind-the-scenes in film and TV production? If you’d like to join an exciting team at a leading company keep reading…
Sim is a leading supplier of film/TV studio production equipment, as well as workflow/dailies and post-production services. We’re proud to have supported features such as “Deadpool,” “Handmaid’s Tale,” “Game of Thrones,” “Stranger Things,” “Power Rangers” and “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.”
We provide Studio, Camera, Lighting & Grip, Dailies and Post Production services and have locations throughout Canada and the United States.
For more information, visit siminternational.com or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn @simcomplete.
About the Position
The Prep Technician is responsible for building and ensuring equipment packages are complete for upcoming rentals; maintaining select camera equipment; and providing safe, quick, reliable and courteous delivery service to and from customers and/or suppliers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles, sets up and tests rental orders as per client contracts. Ensures all customer concerns are brought to the attention of the warehouse supervisor.
- Assesses each package to make sure they are correct and working, and informs supervisor of any items that may be missing or should be included
- Ensures that all missing and/or damaged items are reported to supervisor and/or engineering staff
- Greets clients/vendors in a professional and friendly manner and always offers help when loading in and out gear
- Works with engineering staff to develop ideas that modify and/or redesign systems to improve the company’s products and/or services
- Assists in keeping the warehouse, tech storage, prep bays and kitchen area clean and organized
- Accountable for the completion, accuracy and submission of all relevant paperwork for operations and accounting departments.
- Ensures that all paperwork is properly filled out, that clients sign and receive the correct paperwork and that all paperwork is filed in its proper place
- Operates assigned company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
- Adheres to the laws of the State/Provincial Highways CommissionsReads and interprets maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service
- Attends training and continuously develops relevant knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of the company’s mission, vision, and values
- Travels and works overtime when required
- Carries a Company cell phone and participates as scheduled on the on-call rotation
- Attends staff meetings as required
What You’ll Need
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish effective relationships with customers and co-workers
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean record
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs
- Comfortable driving panel vans and cube trucks safely and appropriately
- Proficiency in the use of windows and computer programs (Word, Outlook, Excel) and office equipment:
- RentalWorks software experience an asset
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in film and/or television production related field
- 1+ years’ experience in the film, television and/or professional photographic industry;
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus – Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are set, reviewed and surpassed regularly to provide excellent service
- Customer Service Focus – Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with the Company
- Development & Continual Learning – Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Teamwork – Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
Prep Technician III
- Is the role model and becoming a leader. Is self-starting and able to work unsupervised. Is highly motivated. Has expert skills, is fully conversant with all processing aspects and is able to pull and build packages, scan and all orders (including the most complex orders) at the highest level of proficiency and speed with no errors or assistance. Knows all equipment and even those items that are infrequently used and its location. Is able to respond to most customer enquiries. Is proficient with RentalWorks and able to teach others about the system. Provides guidance to Prep Technicians II and trains Prep Technician I hires. May be required to deliver packages from time to time.
Our Work Environment
- Physical effort required – frequent loading, securing and unloading of heavy equipment
- Driving in heavy traffic
- Exposure to warehouse and on-set location environments
- Some exposure to physical risk
Perks You’ll Receive
We can offer you:
- Competitive wages in line with market standards
- Retirement savings program with company matching
- Comprehensive company-sponsored health benefits
- Perks including discounted health and wellness programs
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) for counseling, financial planning, work-related concerns
- Exposure to best-in-class motion picture technologies
- Free parking with electric charging station(s) at most locations
- Company events including: food truck lunches, summer BBQ’s, technology workshops, and industry events;
- The opportunity to mentor new hires and interns
- A work environment where you can really make an impact
- Growth opportunities and a career, not just a job
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent