People & Culture Advisor – Pacific National Exhibition – Vancouver, BC
Company: Pacific National Exhibition
Location: Vancouver, BC
Pacific National Exhibition
Date Posted: September 16, 2019
Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 109 year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of $54 million dollars and generates revenue through three activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 750,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization’s core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to “Deliver Memorable Experiences” for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees or the community
The People & Culture Advisor will provide support in areas ranging from labour relations, employee relations, disability and claims management to recruitment. Reporting to the Director, People & Culture, the People & Culture Advisor is an integral part of the team, supporting a diverse and exciting number of HR initiatives! We believe in always showing up to work with a positive attitude and embracing any challenge we are faced with. Our teams’ culture is one of collaboration, growth, initiative & embracing change, while making work fun!
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Health and wellness employee events – put your hiking boots on, or enjoy an evening out with your favorite colleagues
- Opportunity for free or discounted tickets to shows, events, sports games, and much more
- Staff discounts for Playland, The Fair, and Fright Nights, as well as all PNE Food Stands
- On-site fitness center
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to create lasting memories and friendships!
What will you do this year?
- Oversee claims management and coordinate return to work plans for employees on WorksafeBC claims.
- Manage labour relations issues including but not limited, to employee investigations, advising on disciplinary issues, developing and compiling documentation, and reviewing employee personnel files.
- Oversee the attendance management program and manage medical and personnel leaves of absences.
- Perform full cycle recruitment for a variety of job vacancies, including screening and interviewing candidates for entry level, professional and technical job openings at all levels of the organization.
- Assist with seasonal and fair-time recruitment and on boarding of approximately 1300 frontline staff.
- Provide advice, guidance and coaching on various staffing matters; including guidance on the application of PNE policies and procedures, legislation, employment law and general practices to promote a productive and respectful workplace.
- Assist, provide and develop various Training and Development initiatives across the organization ranging from seasonal management training presentations to identifying training needs and training module development.
- Update and create new PNE policies and procedures as required.
- Assist with the implementation of the PNE’s new HRIS software.
- Assist in the administration of the PNE’s various seasonal and year-round recognition and employee engagement programs and initiatives including: years of service, health & wellness, contra, employee events and retirement.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in Business or Human Resources; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of Human Resources experience; including experience in labour relations, disability claims management and recruitment.
- Must have previous HR experience in a diverse unionized environment.
- Knowledge of human resource practices, collective agreement administration, applicable statutes and regulations, employment law and WorkSafeBC.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers, employees, and union representatives.
- Willing to go above and beyond, is a team player and exudes positivity.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical and administrative skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Strong verbal communication and business writing skills required.
- Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Who are you?
- Skillful communicator
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
Preference will be given to candidates who submit their resume/cover letter before Sunday, September 29, 2019. We look forward to hearing from you!