The #1 Job Site Created By and For People Working In Film & TV Production
New Jobs Posted Hourly 24 Hours a Day
Thursday, September 19th, 2019
Company: Douglas College
Location: New Westminster, BC
New Westminster, BC
$13.85 an hour
Hours of work: up to a maximum of 20 hours/week. The work terms for this position are:
1. Fall 2018: September 4, 2018 – December 16, 2018
2. Winter 2019: January 2, 2019 – April 18, 2019
3. Summer 2019: May 6, 2019 – August 19, 2019
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
The Music Student Assistant will assist the Director (Band or Choir) with preparation of scores and parts for rehearsals, replacing music into the score library. The Assistant will open rehearsal rooms prior to rehearsals, and oversee the clean-up of all stands and chairs, shut off lights, and lock doors.
The Assistant will assist with stagehand duties (set up and changes) at all Music Department student recitals and ensemble concerts.
Other music student assistant duties may be assigned as requested by the Director.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
Domestic students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College throughout the work term; OR
2. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term; OR
3. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. throughout the work term
International students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The international student is enrolled in full-time studies at Douglas College, throughout the academic year; OR
2. The international student, who is not a Douglas College student, but is an international student at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C., has a valid Study Permit that has the notation – “May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.” Proof of enrollment in full-time studies from the other post-secondary institution is required.
An original copy of a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and an original Study Permit are required by law before commencing work at Douglas College.
Qualified Douglas College students meeting the above criteria will be given first preference over students of other qualifying institutions.