Matchmove/Tracking Artist – Deluxe Vancouver Ltd. – Vancouver, BC
Company: Deluxe Vancouver Ltd.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Deluxe Vancouver Ltd.
Encore Vancouver is Hiring a Dailies Operator!
An exciting opportunity awaits technically motivated individuals. If you love the media and entertainment industry and are looking for a challenging and rewarding position in a fast-paced, leading edge studio, then read on….
The dailies operator works in the technical and workflow dailies environment of a post production facility in a complex 24/7 environment. Organized, technically sound and credible, the Dailies Operator is flexible, responsive, and a team-oriented individual who is hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibits a proactive and transparent style.
The Dailies Operator demonstrates an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in a fast-paced and busy dailies facility, the Dailies Operator is responsible for syncing, logging, rendering, QC, and delivery of various media for productions.
- Syncing camera masters with associated audio files
- Logging scene and takes accurately and consistently
- Applying LUTs and CDLs according to Production notes and instructions
- Creating database files and accurate tape notes for all events in the session and building the notes package that will be sent to the client
- Rendering and QC’ing editorial media
- Rendering and QC’ing viewing media (ex. QT’s and DVD’s)
- Uploading/transmission of all media created in the session as per project specific requirements
- Related duties as assigned by the Dailies Supervisors
Experience and Education:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Competency with Mac OSX and Windows operating systems
- Competency with current software used in the film/TV industry – i.e. Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve, FCP, Adobe Premiere
- Ability to troubleshoot problems effectively
- Demonstrated competence and understanding of video standards, file formats and technical documents
- Able to discern small details with eyes and ears
- Ability to remain focused for extended periods of time on detail-oriented tasks
- Previous experience working in dailies and experience using Colorfront EXD/OSD software are definite advantages.
- Flexibility to different shifts may be required
This is a one-year contract position requiring rotating shift work including night and graveyard shifts. Overtime may be required.
About Encore :
Situated in beautiful Vancouver, Encore offers file-based post production services,
including HDR mastering, 4K/8K workflows and in-facility and near-set dailies, along with
high calibre visual effects. As the jewel in the Deluxe crown, we work closely with our
studio partners to ensure a top-level experience across locations.
Encore specializes in delivering customized, quality services for episodic and long form
television, feature films, and commercials. Armed with a powerful technical infrastructure
and production-proven expertise, our talented creative teams deliver top tier colour,
editing, dailies and VFX for deadline-driven projects, while remaining agile enough to
anticipate and respond to the evolving needs of our studio partners.
An entertainment industry leader since 1985, we’ve deftly navigated major technology
transitions within post production to emerge as a pioneer in file-based workflows, high
resolution pipeline development, and HDR.
Encore is part of the Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.