Lighting Artist – Electronic Arts – Vancouver, BC
Company: Electronic Arts
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are EA Create, a centralized creative team that enhances the art direction and overall vision of the games we work on. As a lighter, you will be working in one of the most innovative and progressive environments within the entertainment industry. You will light Physically Based Materials using Real-World Absolute Light Values through a Physically Based Camera system threaded through a film based HDR Grading pipeline. The lighter is a Virtual Cinematographer. Here at EA, you are expected and empowered to redefine what games can be!
We focus on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Collaborating directly with our game team partners, we share a unified passion for creating world-class visuals. We are adventurous, creative, courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
- Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to establish/clarify location, weather, time of day, etc.
- Respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project
- Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game
- Ensure that the lighting fits within game performance standards
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production, Photography, etc.
- Solid Experience using at least one of the industry standard 3D packages, including Maya, Houdini, XSI, 3D Studio Max, and Lightwave
- Experience using game engines including Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc
- Knowledge of colour theory, composition, light, and form
- Proficient at rendering, creating shading networks, polygonal modelling, and texture UV.
- Strong ability to work from reference materials
- Strong ability to light complex interior and exterior scenes.
- Experience with film, photography, or theater is a plus
Performance Competencies :
- Candidate must have a strong work ethic and work well within a team
- Candidate must be meticulous, detail oriented, driven, requiring minimal supervision to deliver high quality work
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience working in games preferred
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location : http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Have questions about the role: Paola Chavez, Senior Recruiter [email protected]