At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. The Lighting and Compositing Artist works under the Lighting and Compositing Lead and the CG Supervisor. The Lighting and Compositing Artist is responsible for lighting and troubleshooting shots on TV Shows. The Lighting and Compositing Artist interprets the color keys and creates a 3D representation that reflects the original intent of the designer and director while respecting the technical requirements of the project, delivering in a timely manner according to the production schedule
What you will be doing:
- Light and Render CG Shots
- Create and modify lighting scenes in Katana
- Set up AOV’s in Renderman
- Ensure continuity across the shots in a sequence
- Working with the supervisors and the leads to achieve the correct visual in Compositing
- Comp shots to achieve the final look
- Being able to project matte painting on cards or geometry in Nuke
- Work with the Matte Painting Supervisor and understand what’s being output by the DMP department and how to use it
- Optimizes render settings in Renderman for the cleanest and fastest output on the renderfarm
- Troubleshoot Katana files for technically related issues
- Communicate problems and show stoppers to the lead or supervisor to get them resolved in a timely fashion
- Execute the reviews requested by the Supervisor and the Director by showing an analytic and proactive mind
- Quality Check your render layers to ensure a correct output to compositing
- Maintain timing and production quotas given by the production coordinator by looking at a Shotgun Dashboard
- Organize work and prepare dailies for presentation
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication, and exhibits a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members.
- Capable of basic python scripting to make simple tasks more automatic
- Mentor and offer support to less experienced artists. Providing them with guidance and instruction
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 2 years of working experience as Lighting Artist, in a film production environment / animation TV series or visual effects
- Great Knowledge of Renderman
- Great Knowledge of Foundry Katana
- Great Knowledge of Foundry Nuke
- Keen eye to detail and knowledge of how the light works in the real world
- Photography skills are a plus
- Python Scripting knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or CGI related Diploma is a plus
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
- All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC.