Lead Animator – Bardel Entertainment – Vancouver, BC
Company: Bardel Entertainment
Location: Vancouver, BC
At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. We are looking for a lead Animator responsible for creating and conceptualizing CG Animation Sequences as required, which meet the aesthetic, creative and technical quality stands of the production and in accordance with the production deadlines. In addition to working under the direction of the Director, the Lead Animator would also supervise and review efforts of the animation team, ensuring that deadlines are met, and creative goals are achieved.
What will you be doing:
- Supervise and manage all creative efforts of the animation team.
- Demonstrate a broad range of 3D animation principles, animating characters and objects to meet the required direction in creating the overall look, attitude and style of the production.
- Convey emotion through a combination of body language and facial expressions/ dialog as required by show style.
- Work collaboratively to meet production objectives, deadlines and quotas, ensuring open communication with other managers and team members
- Manage and distribute casting shots to team members (individual artist) and making sure animators meet their quota.
- Check animation rigs, props and sets with production coordinators to confirm all creative and technical needs can be achieved.
- Prep episodes for animators. Creating or facilitating special layouts, master shots, character posing, expressions and cycles.
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- Mentor entry-level artists by providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that provide for their artistic and professional growth.
- A Lead Animator may animate scenes but are not expected to carry a quota
What will you bring with you:
- 1-3 Years of leadership experience in TV / Film production is a must
- 3-5 Years of animation experience in TV/Film is prefered
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education required
- Possess a very strong knowledge of CG animation techniques in addition to necessary production environments and tools
- Possess an understanding of artist management and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Maya is a must
- Strong written/verbal communication skills (English)
- We are only able to accept Canadian and PR candidates at this time
Why work at Bardel?
We’ve got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.