Jr. Production Coordinator role and duties:
- Sourcing, negotiating, and booking crew, gear, locations, permit, transport, travel, and any other logistics related to production.
- Setting up casting sessions: posting breakdowns, communicating with agents, scheduling auditions, assisting during casting sessions.
- Collaborating with the production manager and director/producer in pre-production to achieve desired outcomes as described in video treatment.
- Being able to breakdown treatment: identify props, locations, talent, travel, art, special gear etc.
- Creating call sheets for shoot days, do crafty and props runs.
- Assisting in management of all invoices for jobsand arranging payments.
- Preparing and filing paperwork: Processing deal memos, contracts, invoices and expenses, making digital backups.
- Assisting in the arrangement of gear pickups, returns and keep gear and crew lists organized and up to date.
- Take interest and initiative in growing our crew network with talented and motivated individuals.
- You will establish and maintain a relationship with gear houses and other vendors, and be the point of contact with them. Gear quotes should be requested several days in advance. Pickups happen in the afternoon of the day before shoot, returns by midday day after.
- On-location help on shoot days as needed.
- Setting up green room and crafty. Being the liaison between crew, location and vendors; making safety a priority and treating locations with respect. Doing necessary asap runs during shoot (lunch, gear, etc..).
- Keeping the production calendar and all shoot cards up to date (Trello).
Office Runner role and duties
- Be the welcoming face of the office and greet visitor and clients as they come in.
- Receive incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Support business development
- Manage overall office maintenance
Other factors we will consider
- You will require a valid class 5 driver’s license
- You possess a working knowledge of the commercial and film industry
- You have an educational background studying, film, digital media and/or production or have 2 years industry experience working on set and in production offices.
- You are familiar with the landscapes of Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, and LinkedIn – you know how to maintain, post, and write short form copy that can maximize performance
- You have direct experience with Adobe CC
- Your work ethic is second to none, it’s actually what really separates you from the crowd, and you highly value opportunities to learn your craft
- You want to soak up everything you can about production to take your career to the next level working on a huge variety of projects
- You have strong communication skills. You can write cohesive copy, speak effectively, and think critically. You speak up when necessary, and your skills allow you to foster great working relationships with your team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)