Intermediate Accountant, Production
Reel One Entertainment is a dynamic International Film & TV production and distribution company located in Montreal. In operations for more than 16 years we also have offices in Vancouver, Los Angeles and London (UK).
Reel One Entertainment is looking for a candidate with a strong desire to learn and with positive attitude, to join our growing Vancouver Finance team. We are in a very collaborative environment that encourages new ideas and team effort. Reporting to the Controller, Production, the candidate will also work with members of the Finance department in Vancouver and other departments in the organization.
- Performs full-cycle accounting for shows in post-production, including bank reconciliation, processing invoices, prepare cheques, deposits and prepare funding requests.
- Accurately prepare and remit GST and PST (BC/Ont/Qc) monthly reports on a timely basis
- Follow instructions well and participate in the implementation of internal control systems.
- Record general ledger entries as instructed
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and reports
- Assist with production audits and cost analysis
- Prepares working papers for financial statement year-end closing
- 3 to 5 years of experience in full-cycle accounting
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Experience with financial statement preparation, analysis and closing
- Willing to learn and be an active member of the finance team
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Analytical skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to quickly adapt to change in a dynamic and fast-growing environment
- Basic/solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Multicurrency and QuickBooks and Great Plains experience (an asset)
- EP VISTA and PSL Cast & Crew experience (not required but an asset)