Instructor, Rigging Contract – Vancouver Film School – Vancouver, BC
Vancouver Film School job in Vancouver, BC
Vancouver Film School
Reporting to the Creative Director and Head of Department, the Instructor is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students.
- Working from a course outline, develop lesson plans detailing what will be taught and how the course material will be delivered.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Head of Department to ensure class curriculum is accurate and up to date and is communicated to students in a clear and concise manner.
- Class attendance and grading.
- Individual guidance of students where appropriate.
- Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Collaboration with Teaching Assistant on a daily basis.
- Collaboration with Creative Director and faculty on progression of courses.
- Collaboration with administration staff on resources and equipment issues.
- Attendance at staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Knowledge of the 3D pipeline with a specific emphasis on rigging.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree plus minimum 3 years of industry experience or minimum 10 years of industry experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of professional work.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Maya skills essential.
You may be intersested in these...