Reporting to the Creative Director and Head of Department, the Instructor is responsible for delivering curriculum effectively and providing feedback to students.
- Working from a course outline, develop lesson plans detailing what will be taught and how the course material will be delivered.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Head of Department to ensure class curriculum is accurate and up to date and is communicated to students in a clear and concise manner.
- Class attendance and grading.
- Individual guidance of students where appropriate.
- Punctual and conscientious management of classes.
- Collaboration with Teaching Assistant on a daily basis.
- Collaboration with Creative Director and faculty on progression of courses.
- Collaboration with administration staff on resources and equipment issues.
- Attendance at staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Knowledge of the 3D pipeline with a specific emphasis on rigging.
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree plus minimum 3 years of industry experience or minimum 10 years of industry experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating a high caliber of professional work.
- Ability to lead workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Maya skills essential.