Graphic Designer – Vancouver International Film Festival – Vancouver, BC
Vancouver International Film Festival job in Vancouver, BC
Vancouver International Film Festival
Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society is host to the internationally acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) and the year-round Vancity Theatre with a combined total of 200,000 attendees per year. Now in its 38th year, VIFF remains one of North America’s most prestigious and largest film festivals.
Contract Duration: August 7 – October 16 (10 weeks)
Reporting to the Marketing Director and working with VIFF’s in-house marketing team, the Graphic Designer manages the development and creation of VIFF’s design needs. Duties include:
- Design print-ready and digital ads
- Design festival signage, passes, flyers and invitations
- Assist in content creation for social media campaigns
- Manage and prepare festival photos and logos for multiple uses (pr int, digital)
- Provide design services for various departments as required
- Experience working on large-scale, deadline-driven projects
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite required, Microsoft Office and video editing experience a plus
- Previous experience with pre-press digital image preparation and colour correction an asset
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral-communications skills
- Able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks within a fast passed environment and to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, including some evenings and weekends
To apply for this job please click here.
Suggested production jobs...