Family Services Program Coordinator – Adoptive Families Association of BC – Burnaby, BC
Company: Adoptive Families Association of BC
Address: Burnaby, BC
Adoptive Families Association of BC
$25 an hour
ADOPTIVE FAMILIES ASSOCIATION OF BC
JOB POSTING – FAMILY SERVICES PROGRAM COORDINATOR
WHO WE ARE
We believe that children grow best in families. Our Family Services program ensures that adoptive and permanency families are strong and supported. We provide information, education, connections, and support at all stages, and respond to the evolving needs of our community. We need you to help improve, adapt, and expand these services.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
Do you want to make a positive impact on adoptive and permanency families?
Do you have a great sense of humour and enjoy having fun while working?
Are you detail oriented, with a positive outlook? If so, we want to hear from you!
YOUR ROLE (35 HOURS/WEEK, BASED IN BURNABY)
As a member of the Family Services team, you’ll enhance our program through
- Coordination of family events, team meetings, travel logistics, and team calendars
- Research, program development, evaluation and reporting on events, projects
- Project management (i.e. video production contracts including hiring videographers, coordinating with government contacts, and recruiting participants)
- Volunteer stewardship – you’ll maintain, recruit, and grow our volunteer network
- Social media, client database (CRM), and website content curation
- Day to day administrative supports to our provincial Family Services program
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
Certification and 1-2 years’ experience in project management or equivalent mix of training and/or experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, client relations database systems, social media (Facebook, Instagram), and project management tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An organized, detail-oriented approach to managing and prioritizing multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, sensitivity, and maturity
- Knowledge of adoption and permanency in BC, or a willingness to learn
- The ability to travel, with a valid BC Driver’s License
- Willingness to work flexible hours (some evening and weekends)
- Criminal Record Check (including vulnerable sector) and current First Aid, or willingness to obtain both
We will review applications as they are received, so don’t wait to apply. Only those selected for a screening interview will be contacted. We offer extended health benefits and a flexible work environment to support work-life balance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.