Driver – Sim Video International – Vancouver, BC
Company: Sim Video International
Address: Vancouver, BC
Sim Video International
Full-time, Temporary, Contract
**This is a contract position until March 8, 2020**
Sim is a leading supplier of film/TV studio, production equipment, as well as workflow/dailies and post-production services. We’re proud to have supported features such as “Deadpool,” the Oscar-winning documentary, “OJ: Made in America,” the hit shows, “Game of Thrones,” “Mr. Robot,” “Stranger Things” and “Handmaid’s Tale”.
Our divisions are located throughout North America and provide a range of services, including Studio rentals (Vancouver), Lighting & Grip rentals (Vancouver, Toronto), Camera rentals (Vancouver, Toronto, Hollywood, Atlanta) and Post services (Vancouver, Toronto, Hollywood, New York, Atlanta). Our Hollywood office provides the industry’s only camera-through-post services venue.
For more information, visit siminternational.com or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn @simcomplete.
So why should you choose Sim?
We can offer you:
- Competitive wages in line with market standards;
- Retirement savings program with company matching;
- Comprehensive company-sponsored health benefits;
- Perks including discounted health and wellness programs;
- Exposure to best-in-class motion picture technologies;
- Free parking (at many locations);
- Company events including, food truck lunches, summer BBQ’s, technology workshops, and industry events;
- The opportunity to mentor new hires and interns;
- Open-door communication;
- A work environment where you can really make an impact!
The Driver is responsible for delivering and picking up production equipment in a courteous, safe and prompt manner while ensuring all required documentation is completed. The Driver is also responsible for carrying out Technician and/or Crew job duties as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain delivery/pick-up requests from the driver delivery board or as directed
- Ensure full understanding of delivery location, individual contact, and any payment conditions and pick-up requirements if appropriate
- Ensure all pulled items are loaded on vehicle
- Ensure vehicle is properly loaded and secure for transport. Assist crew with loading when required
- Inform Floor Manager/Department Head if load is large and additional assistance is required
- Be presentable, courteous and conscientious at all times; a real Ambassador of Sim Lighting + Grip
- Conduct a vehicle circle check prior to driving to ensure it is legal and safe
- Operate vehicle safely and according to Sim Lighting + Grip policy
- Ensure vehicle is always locked when not in use
- Immediately inform the Floor Manager of any vehicle maintenance problems and report issue to Transportation
- Take cell phone and maintain contact with Floor Manager from each location to obtain further direction
- Identify destination(s), vehicle taken, time out/in, and cell phone taken in the “Driver Log Book” as applicable
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all documentation
- Ensure the vehicle is filled with fuel, and maintained in a clean manner
- Ensure that deliveries/pick-ups are reviewed according to the contract, correctly counted, signed for, paid for (where requested) and appropriately receipted. Assist with unloading/loading as appropriate
- When RentalWorks paperwork is applicable, ensure that a return slip is given to customer when picking up equipment in the field
- Identify any visible equipment defects to customer upon pick up and Rental Coordinator upon return
- Assist in the warehouse as directed
- Refer any customer feedback (positive or negative) to Floor Manager / Manager, Customer Service as soon as possible
- All other reasonable duties assigned by the Company
- Successful completion of secondary school education;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Up to date Class 5 driver’s license with clean driving abstract;
- Continually provide exemplary customer service;
- Knowledge of customer locations for pick-ups and deliveries;
- General knowledge of equipment;
- Knowledge of set operation;
- Understand safety issues;
- Appropriate license classification is mandatory; upgraded license classification is desirable;
- Good oral and written communication.
- Frequent internal contacts within the Department and other Departments as required
- Frequent external suppliers, vendors and customers where applicable
- Maintain temperament and composure during times of high stress and customer complaint
- Ability to safely and expeditiously make deliveries during times of high volumes and traffic
- Maintain communications during times of high work volume
- Exercise flexibility with working hours and shifts.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Exposure to typical warehouse conditions including climatic change and motorized vehicles;
- Frequent visits to set and customer locations;
- Prolonged periods of sitting while safely operating a motorized vehicle;
- Safe entry and exit from a truck using 3-point contact.
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- driving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)