WordJack is a Web Marketing Agency providing a complete digital marketing service to local business throughout Canada & USA. Our services reach across a range of disciplines including websites, email campaigns, video, copy writing, social media, SEO and more. We have an excellent record of customer satisfaction and company growth, we are looking for an experienced and passionate Production Manager to join the team!
As a Production leader in our Web Marketing Agency, you will be responsible primarily for leading the workflow and project management for our production team. Our production team has a track record of producing amazing websites, attractive marketing materials, and successful campaigns for our small business clients. You will be joining an established team of professionals who each have wonderful talent in their area of specialty. Where you come into the picture is to coordinate the work that flows between them, while monitoring their efficiency and quality, and supporting the whole team to be successful.
If this sounds like you, keep reading!
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Coordinating the flow of work tickets to the right people within our production team according to skills and availability. Monitoring the flow of projects to identify and improve any bottlenecks.
- Liaising between people within the business to ensure projects are completed on time and on brief. This may include getting into detail with web designers, graphic designers, content writers, and account managers.
- Learn the countless processes of the business and know them by heart, but also challenge our legacy processes to find and implement opportunities for efficiency while improving speed and/or quality
- Monitoring and managing production team quality – Sometimes this involves building processes and training to make sure QA is of the highest quality. Other times it means rolling up your sleeves to proofread social media posts, or reviewing a web page design to make sure it meets the project brief.
- Managing jobs through our network of freelancers (such as video editors, writers, graphic designers and more). This includes interfacing between client brief and designer work, quality checking work to ensure it’s client-ready, and tracking turnaround times on jobs in progress.
- Strange hours can sometimes be a part of this job – Your teammates are located in various time zones around the world. Answering questions or having scheduled meetings in the evening may be necessary.
- You will have a Minimum of 5 years’ experience in production coordination/management, preferably within a digital media, publishing and/or agency organization
- Some experience in a marketing role or being involved in marketing projects.
- You’re a process specialist, with experience in reviewing and improving existing workflows as well as designing new business processes.
- A sharp eye for detail and talent for quality checking
- Experience with workflow/ticket management systems is important.
- Some experience with WordPress websites would be desirable but not essential.
- Motivated to work independently and effectively from your home office
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm for working with others and ability to problem solve
Job Type: Full time
Location: Flexible (although being in British Columbia allows your timezone to overlap with colleagues in Ontario, as well as Asia).
Joining the WordJack team comes with the flexibility of working from home, a competitive salary, the enjoyment of working with a supportive team in a young, successful and growing company, and the ability to share in that success via our employee profit sharing program!
If this position sounds like a perfect fit for you, we’d love to chat!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Production Manager/Coordinator: 5 years (Required)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)