Dailies Technician – Sim Video International Inc. – Vancouver, BC
Company: Sim Video International Inc.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Sim Video International Inc.
We are currently looking for a Dailies Technician for a contract role in our Vancouver office.
If you work well in a fast-paced environment, can comfortably communicate with clients and co-workers and are technically savvy, please read on…
What You’ll Do
- Processing and syncing digital dailies to editorial specifications.
- Working closely with a few of the on-set crew members.
- Frequent communication with members of post-production.
- Assuring the quality and accuracy of the master media for archiving.
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise during the course of the job.
What you’ll need
- Proficiency at transcoding video and post-syncing.
- Familiarity with AVID environments.
- Understanding of ARRI, RED, and RAW file-based workflows is an asset.
- Knowledge of dailies processing software is an asset.
- Technical understanding of television specifications.
- Experience with colouring is a plus.
- Diplomacy and sensitivity when working and communicating with clients.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure.
- Teamwork – Participates actively in a team to improve the Company’s effectiveness
- Adaptability/Flexibility – adapts easily to changing business needs, conditions, and daily work responsibilities
- Customer Service Focus – Identifies and creates opportunities to improve every person’s experience with the Company
- Quality/Attention to Detail Focus – Ensures that standards for self, equipment and services are met to provide excellent service delivery
- Accountability – Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Can be relied upon to achieve results with little need for oversight
Our work environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Some physical effort may be required (i.e. some lifting of supplies and material)
- Some exposure to warehouse environment
Equal Opportunity & Accommodation
Sim is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other basis protected by law.
Sim is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with local legislation. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract