Location – Vancouver, BC
Do you want the ability to set the creative vision and direction for a leading games company?
Your ability to conceptualize creatives is paralleled only by your ability to write compelling ad scripts, and copy for all digital mediums. You approach your work without an ego, and understand how analytics can tell the story of player/consumer motivation and can iterate your ideas based on overall engagement. You will challenge the status quo to help us take our visual design and digital campaigns to the next level.
We want someone that wants to lead in the creations of engaging quality content that drives results.
A Creative Director’s Impact:
- Develop the creative vision and expectations for the department to make industry leading content that increases awareness of our brands and helps turn our audiences into fans.
- Work with the Director of Content and Production and the Director of Marketing to understand their goals and needs in the development of creative briefs. Then work with the team to execute on those briefs in the form of all video, graphic, and advertisements
- Develop and execute a strategy to increase the communication and storytelling ability through compelling writing planning and execution
- Use analytics to help understand consumer behaviour and improve and optimize creative strategies and content.
- The resident expert on creative formats and mediums and has a key understanding on digital media platforms such as: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, Tik Tok, Pinterest etc.
- Work closely with editors, producers, writers and designers to improve the quality of their craft and their mass communication skills
- Work with the games and marketing teams in the brand development process for new games. Included but not limited to name creation, brand look and feel, and persona development
- Build and own relationships with brand leads, external vendors, and cross functional partners
- Work closely with the Marketing team to understand creative performance and pivot concepts to best match what is performing well
Your Track Record Includes:
- 5-7 years experience in a creative role in the gaming, film, creative agency, or media industry is a must
- 3-5 years managing creative teams members, including: graphic design, video editing, and social teams
- Experience with presenting and getting buy-in on new creative ideas
- Must have experience working on digital marketing campaigns with multi-variant creative optimization
- Has a track record of taking communications plans and key brand messages and visually bringing them to life with compelling creative solutions
- Experience mentoring and developing other creative team members to improve their craft
- Positive attitude, high-energy, and an eagerness to succeed in a fast-paced workplace
- Excellent delegation skills while taking ownership of final product
- Comfortable handling multiple projects with varying priorities and timelines in parallel
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, creative writing, or digital media
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary profit sharing program
- Health Benefits
- 3 weeks vacation + 10 paid personal days per year
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!