Concept Artist – Super Pets – Animal Logic – Vancouver, BC
Company: Animal Logic
Address: Vancouver, BC
Are you a Concept Artist interested in working with our Vancouver team?! Working closely with the Production Designer and Art director, the Concept Artist role is to visually explore all aspects of the production. They will help define (for the client and the crew) the intended visual direction of an animated film.
What you’ll get to do:
- Understand the project’s creative objectives
- Research and source, as required, any imagery to help with the production of the concept art
- Work closely with the Production Designer/Art Director to visually explore key moments of the production
- Produce quick sketch ideas and iterations to inform on intent as briefed
- Understand and translate concept drawings/sketches into rendered artwork
- Create high quality images to capture the mood, lighting and action of the written scenario
- Prepare for and participate in regular work in progress reviews, presentations and briefings from the director
- Prioritize, problem solve and multi-task to complete a brief
What you bring:
- 2+ years’ experience on feature films, TV series, or within the gaming industry
- Experience working in a CG pipeline and within a CG 3D environment
- Proficiency demonstrated through past project work and/or reel/portfolio
- Excellent skills in Photoshop
- Knowledge and experience designing props and environments, with camera lensing in mind
- Skilled in producing quick sketch ideas and iterations
- Strong drawing skills that display a knowledge of perspective and design
- The ability to produce art work that can be translated easily by the 3D modelling department
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong creative capacity; able to innovate while keeping within a brief
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Experience using Maya (or other equivalent 3D softwares), Illustrator, and Zbrush are a bonus
Due to security reason please do not include any links to Dropbox or Google Docs.
For more information about Working Holidays Visas and company sponsored visas please go to our FAQ page.
Animal Logic is recognised as one of the world’s leading independent creative digital studios, producing award winning design, visual effects and animation for almost 30 years. Earlier this year, the multisite studio delivered the hybrid live action/animated feature, Peter Rabbit 2 and is currently in production on Super Pets. Other recent credits include Captain Marvel, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part and Peter Rabbit.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.