Are you a Concept Artist interested in working with us in our Vancouver studio?!
The Concept Artist will work closely with the Production Designer and Art Director, to visually tie down character concepts for the production. They will help define (for the client and the crew) the intended visual direction of an animated film. The Concept Artist will be able to cover a range of specialist skills, with a focus in character design.
What you’ll get to do:
- Understand the project’s creative objectives
- Design and create animated characters, with facial and body range of motions, and with a graphic and caricaturist sensibility
- Research and source as required any imagery to help with the production of the concept art
- Produce quick sketch ideas and iterations to inform on intent as briefed
- Understand and translate concept drawings/sketches into rendered artwork
- Prepare for and participate in regular work in progress reviews, presentations and briefings from the director
- Prioritize and problem solve and multi-task to complete a brief
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience on feature films, TV series, or within the gaming industry
- Experience working in a CG pipeline and within a CG 3D environment
- Experience designing facial and body range of motion for animated characters which displays an understanding of both action and innovative thinking
- Skilled in producing quick sketch ideas and iterations
- Strong drawing skills that display a knowledge of anatomy, perspective and design
- Experience painting in graphic, non-photographic, caricatured styles
- The ability to produce art work that can be translated easily by the 3D modelling department
- Excellent skills in Photoshop and Maya (or other equivalent 3D softwares)
- Experience using Illustrator and Zbrush are a bonus
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong creative capacity; able to innovate while keeping within a brief
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.
Concept Artist – Character Design
Animal Logic job in Vancouver, BC
You may also be interested in...
- Teaching Assistant, Production Design Contract – Vancouver Film School – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Contract Reporting to the Senior Instructor for Production Design and the Head of Department, working ...
- Acquisition Assistant – Electronic Arts – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Temporary Requisition Number:155420 Location:Vancouver Date Opened:2019-04-17 Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA ...
- production assistant – Vertical Luxury Outdoor Design Inc. – Vancouver, BC ⧁ $18 – $22 an hour Permanent Salary$$18 to $22HOUR hourly for 20 to 40 hours per ...
- Film/TV Casting Assistant – Tiffany Mak Casting Inc. – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Vancouver, BC Part-time WE ARE: A busy and reputable film/TV casting office in Vancouver. Though ...
- ATD – double negative visual effects – Vancouver, BC ⧁ Description As an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) you will perform a variety of tasks to ...