Assistant Editor – Atomic Cartoons Vancouver – Atomic Cartoons – Vancouver, BC
Company: Atomic Cartoons
Location: Vancouver, BC
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver’s Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa’s Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated EDITOR who enjoys being part of an exciting and fast-paced animation studio.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Set and maintain pacing style and final timing of the episodes by cutting
- storyboard animatics
- Use Temp SFX + Music to convey the feel of the final product
- Work closely with the TV showrunner
- Ensure the production database (using Shotgun) is updated with current progress
- Ensure the timeline is up to date with correct versions and audio.
- Preparing sequence edits for client approval when required, as well as other
- outputs and deliveries.
- Organize and run the dailies session
- Aiding in any pipeline/development issues that surround outsource
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience working in an Editorial Department on a CG series
- Proficiency in editing using Premiere
- Basic Photoshop skills
- A firm understanding of the animation process, workflow, and terminology
- Possess an understanding of film and HD video formats, files, frame rates, and
- File encoding/transcoding experience, exhibiting a sound understanding of video
- codecs and file formats
- Meticulous attention to detail, high standard of quality and highly organized
- Currently legally able to work in Canada
- Must be a current B.C. resident and be able to work in-house
START DATE: ASAP
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply online with your Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio/Demo Reel and/or Website URL
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.