1st Assistant Editor – Super Pets (Vancouver) – Animal Logic – Vancouver, BC
Animal Logic job in Vancouver, BC
Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a 1st Assistant Editor. The 1st Assistant Editor will bring solutions to edit workflows and the production pipeline. They oversee the efficient and accurate handling of all edit tasks; encouraging a positive, motivated and proactive team of Assistant Editors who support the studio shot departments. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to CG Supervisor and Artist Management.
- Lead a team of Assistant Editors, manage their time, priorities and project-specific knowledge
- Collaborate with artists, directors, production to deliver a successful film
- Discuss requirements and needs of department heads to better understand their vision and support their flow of shots through edit
- Ensure the delivery of all video/image/audio requests to the top film editor, production and external vendors from editorial
- Communicate the day to day status of scenes/cuts along with any Edit needs to production
- Prep/conform cuts at various stages including Storyboard, Layout, Animation
- Responsible for the final checking and delivery of files for screenings
- Responsible for finding solutions to improve and maintain time efficient editing workflows
- Implement and manage the Avid project structure
- Understand and manage Avid Media Composer’s use of MXF media, including render files
- Ensure all editors hardware/software runs correctly with minimal issues, reporting any concerns
- Determine and define appropriate standards for deliverables from Editorial to other departments
- Work with the support engineers to maintain the integrity of the editing equipment, tracking and configuring media storage
- Ultimately accountable for the fulfilment of all department expectations
To apply for this job please click here.
Suggested production jobs...