Rocket Science VFX is an internationally recognized visual effects studio, collaborating with top tier film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. Our credits include Hannibal, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, Into the Badlands and The Expanse.
The VFX Editor will organize, track and communicate editorial information between clients and our company’s artists, producers and supervisors.
- Collaborate with the VFX Producer, Production Manager, Artists and Coordinators
- Manage edits of sequences and shots, create sequence edits for internal and client approvals
- Prepare shot colour corrections or match editorial references when required
- Create in-house reels such as company reels, show reels, technical breakdowns, awards reels, etc.
- Develop and provide improvements for procedures to maintain an efficient workflow
- Manage client delivery schedules and creative needs
- At least 3 years of editing experience in films, TV series and/or VFX industry
- Education or knowledge of post-production (editorial and/or visual effects)
- Professional Experience in Premiere Pro. Avid, and Final Cut Pro are desirable.
- File encoding/transcoding experience, demonstrating a solid understanding of video codecs and file formats
- Strong creative and technical abilities
- Experience working with Shotgun asset manager, knowledge of Nuke would be beneficial
- Excellent planning, project managing, organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
***Please submit Resume and Demo Reel for consideration***
*Open for both full-time and Freelancer*
Thank you for your interest in Rocket Science VFX. Please note that only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview. No Phone Call Please. We are always interested in meeting motivated and talented artists.
Job Type: Contract
- editing in film/ tv series and/ or VFX industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Premiere Pro. Avid, and Final Cut Pro: 1 year (Preferred)
- post-production (editorial and/ or visual effects: 1 year (Preferred)