Wanted: Part-time Vietnamese – English Media Monitoring Consultant (Media Analyst)
Interested in tracking Vietnamese TV, radio and print media in Canada? Do you have the skills? To apply find out more at http://www.mirems.com/join-mirems.html
- Perform intermittent scans of ethnic media resources in search of news stories, editorials, interviews and opinion pieces on a variety of topics based on client requests.
- Assess, research and analyze stories, and provide translated summaries to be edited and collected into client reports. Consultants specialize on media sources in their language(s) of competence and are expected to have regular access to those sources.
- Promptly respond to short notice and possibly short term projects as they occur.
- Be autonomous, reliable, accountable self-starters
- Have a personal computer with 24/7 Internet access, as this is a ‘work-at-home’ position
- Be able to monitor specific print media, radio or television programs in Vietnamese in a timely and targeted manner
- Have very good listening and reading comprehension and be able to translate from Somali into English
- Have a good command of written English, with the ability to summarize stories
- Be available for quality control follow up
- Have a self-directed work ethic and adhere to deadlines
- Be comfortable in working in a virtual team environment
- Be able to work occasionally on Sundays and Public Holidays
- Be able to legally work in Canada.
PLEASE NOTE, this a part-time home based opportunity (freelance) with a potential work load of 4-5 hours a week and flexible schedules. You DO NOT HAVE to be located in Toronto, this is a Canada wide opportunity.
Job Types: Part-time, Freelance, Permanent
- translation: 1 year (Preferred)
- research: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Vietnamese (Required)