Videographer & Graphic Designer – IT World Canada – Scarborough, ON
Company: IT World Canada
Location: Scarborough, ON
IT World Canada
Position: Videographer & Graphic Designer
Location: Toronto or Haliburton, Ontario
Reports to Head of Creative Services
Dotted line to CIO
IT World Canada (ITWC), the nation’s largest provider of content for the IT industry, and its creative Lab, Amazing Agency, are looking for a Videographer and Graphic Designer to work under the direction of the Head of Creative Services. To be considered for this position you need experience as a videographer, video editor and graphic designer.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who excels at storytelling and is creative at engaging audiences with his/her video projects. High video quality will be paramount and a meticulous approach to filming, lighting and editing on deadline will be essential. Graphic design projects will need an innovative approach that reaches beyond traditional marketing design. You’ll be happy to collaborate with ITWC’s sales department, writers, and editors on their video, website and marketing projects. You’ll enjoy finding new, creative approaches to your work.
ITWC has a small studio with green screen at our Scarborough offices. Videos are shot there and on location.
- Shares the creative lead in planning video projects
- With the producer and video department members, plans the preproduction and postproduction of video projects in our ITWC studio or on location
- Shoots video as required
- Shoots still photography as required
- Schedules the use of local in-studio and field equipment, consulting/advising on video quality standards, equipment procurement and maintenance as required
- Manages video assets including archiving
- Designs graphics for video, websites, infographics and written content
- Assists with special projects/productions with the Editors & Publisher as needed.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions for new content.
1. Head of Creative Services
2. Chief Information Officer
3. Editors and Writers
4. Visual Director, Amazing Agency
5. Marketing Group/sales team
6. Events team
Education/Professional Development Requirements:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in video production or equivalent
- Post-secondary diploma or training in graphic design
- Minimum of three years’ related experience.
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Superb interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and set workloads, and adapt as a situation demands; set goals and complete assignments promptly.
- Ability to remain calm under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Ability to multitask, work on varied and numerous assignments
Technical Competencies Required:
- Knowledge of video equipment, including cameras (HD and 4K), audio equipment, lighting, etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge of still photography an asset
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS an asset
- Knowledge of audio editing an asset
- Driver’s license
Required language: English, French an asset
ITWC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Video Filming: 3 years (Required)
- Graphic Design: 3 years (Required)