Videographer and Multimedia Editor – Top Hat – Toronto, ON
Company: Top Hat
Location: Toronto, ON
We’re looking for an innovative Videographer and Multimedia Editor with a minimum of five (5) years experience creating compelling multi-platform video and online content. You’ve got a background in journalism and professional storytelling but also have direct experience developing results-oriented content for brands. You know your way around a camera and have the editing chops to to craft and deliver high-quality photo and video content to stakeholders across multiple departments.
What You’ll Do:
- You will work with leaders on the Content, Creative, Demand Gen and Product Marketing teams to develop a plan to use video content to support our business and marketing objectives
- You will personally lead the execution of video, motion graphics and photo projects to support product launches, campaign spots, customer storytelling, events and social media posts
- You will script and storyboard multiple concepts of any proposed project and be ready to pivot to deliver on the needs of a variety of stakeholders
- You will manage multiple projects and deadlines, ensuring effective reviews and on time completion
- You will track the performance of the content you produce to understand and consistently improve upon the impact of your work
- You will grow and leverage our library of rich video content assets for use across our marketing channels
- You have a degree or diploma in film, photography or journalism with five years work experience demonstrating excellence in filmmaking, motion graphics and photography
- You have a compelling portfolio that demonstrates your range and experience that you are only too happy to share
- You have strong video editing skills and experience working with Adobe Premiere & After Effects
- You have in-depth experience writing short scripts that reflect different voices and tones—from corporate professional to academic to lifestyle documentary
- You have experience developing and producing impactful visual content for a variety of social media channels
- You’re not afraid to get into the weeds on any job, and can organize (and improvise) a shoot
- You understand how to wield data and insights to make content that drives engagement and demand
- You have solid cinematography, sound and lighting skills, and a designer’s eye for on-screen graphics, animation and lower-thirds
- You write effectively and can present your ideas via storyboards (photo or drawn) to land your ideas
- You can manage multiple deadlines and input from a variety of internal stakeholders without breaking a sweat
- Experience working in the tech world, specifically in the Software-as-a-Service space (it’s a fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts) is a nice bonus!
What’s In It For You:
- Play a pivotal role in our content strategy and how we present our story to customers
- Lead and execute a wide variety of projects in which your vision and creativity are not only valued, but essential
- Work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with smart people from different backgrounds and with different areas of marketing expertise
- Make meaningful contributions to transform the higher education space and improve the ROI for students
About Top Hat:
Top Hat’s interactive, cloud-based teaching platform enables professors to engage students inside and outside the classroom with compelling content, tools and activities. Millions of students at 700 leading North American colleges and universities use the Top Hat teaching platform. Headquartered in Toronto, Top Hat has been operating since 2009.
We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, thinkers, and creative geniuses. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us.
The life of a Top Hatter also comes with other sweet perks too:
- Outstanding company culture, with a team that is super smart and motivated to be a part of a company that is changing the face of education.
- We offer breakfast and catered lunch every day!
- Conveniently located at Bloor and Avenue, near 3 TTC stations.
- We are one of the top education technology companies in North America (named Fastest 50 Growing Companies by Deloitte Consulting!)
- Our dress code is casual.
Top Hat welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.