Video Editor & Graphic Designer – Grizzle – Toronto, ON
Location: Toronto, ON
Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Looking for a talented Video Editor/Graphic Designer to join our growing production team, primarily experienced with all aspects of video production with strengths/interest in visual/graphic design.
The ideal candidate is ready & willing to jump right in and take on the bulk of our immediate day-to-day shooting and post-production needs on a freelance or part-time basis (initially) with a trajectory of growing into a full-time position and reporting to the Creative Director.
You are self-starting, independent & problem-solving skills are an asset. Must also be comfortable with quick turnaround deliverables when required.
Functional work requirements:
- Ability to creatively and accurately shoot, edit, package & post content; exercise sound editorial and technical judgment in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Source and secure stock media and music tracks
- Collaborate with the Creative Director on concepts to help deliver a well produced, high-quality product, efficiently
- Perform post-production activities such as design titles and graphic elements, sound mix, colour correction, transitions, graphic overlays, as well as special effects
- Strong design skills in various design applications, including infographics, presentations and various marketing materials are an asset
The Successful Candidate Will Possess The Following Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in film, broadcast, new media or equivalent field.
- 3+ years of experience; working within an agency environment or tv/film production industry is considered an asset, but not required
- Proficient in Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Thorough knowledge of continuity editing, pacing, and storytelling skills
- Familiarity with visual effects, and compositing
- Motion Graphic and animation capabilities
- Fluent with online storage platforms and file conversion software.
- Must be Windows proficient
- Shooting, lighting and sound recording and sound editing skills
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
- Video Editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Toronto, ON (Required)