Position Title: TV Technical Producer, AMI-audio
Do you want to make a difference every day? Then AMI is the place for you.
Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization serving more than five million Canadians who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing, mobility or print restricted. AMI operates three broadcast services, AMI-tv and AMI-audio in English and AMI-télé in French.
We are currently looking for a TV Technical Producer, AMI-audio to join our team in Toronto. This role will accomplish AMI-audio’s programming objectives by delivering a professional standard television simulcast broadcast of AMI’s daily morning show
If you are interested in being part of an extraordinary team, and you have the qualifications and experience listed below, please apply:
- Ensure continuity and accessibility of NOW with Dave Brown on TV by obtaining information in advance from Senior Show Producer (audio).
- Prepare visual elements the day prior to show airing, e.g. graphics, photos, videos, etc. Complete the daily rundown highlighting all visual elements and timing.
- Ensures the seamless broadcast of AMI-tv’s live program by communicating and directing the switcher’s video and visual elements, connecting with video guests, providing counts in and out of break, and liaising with the 3rd party captioners and master control.
- Ensure the uninterrupted presentation of the television broadcast by monitoring all technical aspects of the program e.g cameras, lighting, TV audio and adjusting as required. Record and escalate all issues to Technical Services Department and Director, Production, AMI-tv and recommend camera and lighting improvements to further the quality and visual content of the show to Director, Production.
- Test technical equipment and setups of contributors and guests prior to live segments to ensure proper lighting, camera positioning, audio, and connection strength.
- Provides backup in studio for the switcher for AMI-tv’s live programs as required.
- Contribute to post-show meetings, highlighting technical issues, and troubleshooting with all contributors.
- Maintain our TV broadcast network by monitoring and adjusting cross points, checking settings and connections in web GUIs and servers, and ensuring proper routing to broadcast encoders, recorders, and audio control room
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by checking connections, adjusting hardware and software settings, troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Perform editing tasks, including show clips, segments, promos, highlight reels, and best-of shows.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing results as needed.
- College Diploma in Television Broadcasting or related Video Production Program or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of video production experience with news or feature production. Minimum 1 year of live control room experience in a PA or AD role.
- Working knowledge of post-production stages, video and audio editorial processes and storytelling, booking and budgetary management of resources, and quality control of final productions.
- Knowledge of multi camera switchers (TriCaster an asset), current editing hardware and software including non-Linear Editing systems; Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere, and ProTools, as well as general television operational procedures.
- Attention to auditory and visual detail. Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, schedule priorities and meet deadlines.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.No phone calls please.
Please note the start date for this position is ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,693.00 – $85,295.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Work From Home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19