At Brown Bag Films our motto is simple: “We love animation.” In fact, we love it so much we trademarked it! ‘We Love Animation™.’ We are looking for a Technical Services Coordinator to support the Distribution and Post-production departments.
The Technical Services Coordinator will manage and create deliverable elements for internal and external clients. This is a client-facing role with heavy impact on client satisfaction and sales revenues.
- Coordinate and manage deliveries for international broadcasters
- Liaise with accounting and legal teams on coordination of deliveries to make sure that the materials in the contract reflect our assets
- Compile weekly deliveries reports for invoicing purposes
- Compile and create metadata for titles acquired by SVOD clients presenting our content in the best possible light on their platforms
- Collaborate with SVOD clients and their preferred vendors on creation of materials for SVOD sales
- Coordinate project deliveries with external delivery providers when required
- Liaise with audio dubbing facilities on multi-language master deliveries to broadcasters
- Work with 3rd party producers and the Director of Distribution & Acquisitions to obtain all required materials listed within the contract and assuring the materials meet 9 Story’s technical specifications
- Ensure assets are properly named, archived and searchable in our database
- Coordinate and operate QC inspection of assets upon receipt to ensure assets are ready for sales
- Create screeners, clips & digital masters for sales & clients from the 9 Story library
- Assist in editorial needs for sales and marketing teams creating content for display at international markets and conferences
- Liaise with internal production teams on distribution requirements for in-house productions
- Advise sales & development teams on best practices for displaying video in various presentations, including creating screening master files
- 2 years’ experience in a Post-production environment with a strong technical background in delivery formats.
- Experience working with Premiere Pro, Avid, Final Cut, MacCaption, Aspera, Signiant, Photoshop and MS Office.
- Technical knowledge of HD/SD file based delivery including encoding a variety of different file formats.
- Previous experience in video deliveries to large OTT platforms like Netflix and Amazon etc. would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and strong administration experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively within the distribution and post-production teams.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and manage own time.
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award winning animated children’s content.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
Job Type: Contract
- Animation industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Post production: 2 years (Required)