Stereoscopic Supervisor – Tangent Animation – Toronto, ON
Company: Tangent Animation
Location: Toronto, ON
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
The Stereoscopic Supervisor is responsible for supervising, defining and implementing the technical and creative aspects of a stereoscopic 3D animated project.
- Implement and support the pipeline, software, and hardware for the creation of stereoscopic project
- Work with the Director, Director of Photography and VFX Supervisor to develop a stereoscopic style that supports the storytelling of the project
- Supervise and/or create all stereoscopic camera settings and animation for the project
- Work with CG Supervisor to create additional capabilities in stereoscopic cameras in the system
- Work alongside Layout, Pre-visualization, Animation, Editorial, Effects and Lighting to encourage awareness of stereoscopic opportunities and potential problems
- Supervise and lead a team that will be responsible for producing the final stereoscopic frames
- Attend all stereoscopic reviews and be accountable for all creative notes related to stereoscopic production
- Run stereoscopic screenings and meetings
- Give expert advice regarding stereoscopic technology: hardware, software, tools, and peripheral
- Support TD team in writing stereoscopic 3D related software tools as needed
- Provide input on stereoscopic content for DVD/ Online extras as well as depth placement for theatrical subtitles
- Actively participates in the recruiting and staffing of the stereoscopic team – assesses the work of prospective candidates for the hiring process and works with production management/HR on hiring decisions.
- Partners with production management to guide the team’s overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew
- Bachelor degree in Animation, Film, Art or equivalent professional work experience
- Prior experience as Stereoscopic Supervisor
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of the animation pipeline
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with Director, Supervisors, Technical Directors and Production Management throughout a project
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.